Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Vision Jet G2 from FlightFX released!

super well done addon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hmmm...I’m findImg this plane to be an exceedingly good purchase...I love it even more than my Hondajet!?

Both aircraft are exceedingly well done, but this Vision jet seems almost (virtually) affordable for those of us who just can’t afford twin engined private jets (or their fuel).   I can’t stop flying it!!

I thought it looked sort of dorky, at first, but I’ve found over the years that any plane I think looks “weird” (Boeing Stratocruiser, Lockheed Constellation, etc.) to me at first soon looks beautiful...and the Vision jet now looks lovely...I suspect there are no ugly planes?

Anybody on the fence, pull the trigger on the purchase on this one in my humble opinion, if you want a realistic simulation of a cheap ($3M?), single-engined jet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Where will I find the manual and documentation for this jet if I purchase on the MS Marketplace?

I like this plane also but will use the HJET until it gets VNAV.  I'm spoiled that way.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

Hi, two questions:

The G3000 shows "RA 5" on the PFD left of the altitude display. What does this mean?

Also, is there a way to display OAT more prominent? Is it really only under aircraft systems -> Ice Protection? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wiggum said:

Hi, two questions:

The G3000 shows "RA 5" on the PFD left of the altitude display. What does this mean?

Also, is there a way to display OAT more prominent? Is it really only under aircraft systems -> Ice Protection? 

RA... radar altimeter

Bert

Thanks. I guess this is only relevant for the weather radar and needs not to be messed with?

Another question i have: The Checklist tells me to SET Electric Roll Trim but i find no such button and nothing in the manual. How do i set it?

Can't wait for this to get the AAU1 beta G3000

Otherwise the jet itself is quite fun to fly and looks pretty good!

Definitely a great purchase

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi

18 minutes ago, diajohn said:

look on the pedestal

Sorry but i dont see it their. Can you please show a screenshot or tell me whats next to it?

Edited by wiggum

I discovered that VNAV works as advertised (at least the way I use it) and the autothrottle is great.  The G3000 did reasonably well on the RNAV into PAJN.  

A great plane and value at $25.

sp

Great plane indeed. This last year I only flew the Fenix A320 and the JPL C152 (VOR only, no GPS!!!) and I wasn't too fond of those modern odd planes with all that glass, but... this one is really nice! It's something different and great to have beside the A320 and C152. I also absolutely love the view out of the windows. However... I also think the Vision Jet really needs the updated G3000... Not a flight goes by that the rather crappy current version annoys me. The G3000 update will make this plane shine, I am sure. Can't wait. But I also can't stop flying this plane... 😉

• Like 1

Yeah. Once the Avionics update is standard in the sim, and FlightFX is able to update to it….this plane will truly be something very very special. It’s already excellent. 

Unfortunately for me, I couldn’t hold back and opted into the beta.  Now after flying the Longitude with the updated G5000 there is no going back for me, until it’s standard. It’s really just so good. Superb job by Working Title.

Hey, i have a little problem with the take off.

You should rotate at 90 knots and keep 5° pitch angle. Take off trim 6 like the checklist says. Full thrust (To / GA)

Positive rate -> gear up, 115 knots -> flaps up. 

Problem is, even if i rotate slowly at 90 knots, once i put up the gear it is basically impossible to keep the 5° pitch without pushing the stick down. I always end up with 10° pitch up. 

Usually i only took the throttle back once i was flaps up (115 knots). But maybe I should do this sooner already?

Or is it intentional that I have to push the stick down massively to keep thr 5° climb ?

Also another question: In youtube videos i have seen people having tha map open on the G3000 in this plane with a bit (the active bit) of the Flight Plan visible beneath the map on the same screen? How do I do this? 

Edited by wiggum