Sign in to follow this  
Reiniers

Aerosoft Twin Otter update 1.1.0: new soundset

Just received the Aerosoft Twin Otter update 1.1.0 today (using Aerosoft One). It includes the new soundset. My first impression is that it is way better than before. So far I like what I am hearing while flying now!

• Like 2

Is this worth buying now?

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

In my opinion it is, the aircraft was not bad to fly to begin with, only the sound was really an immersion killer. They have implemented the propeller model and fixed a lot of stuff. Now, with also a fixed soundset, I really like this addon

• Upvote 1

Thanks I’ll have to reinstall and give it a go.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Better. Syncopated engine sounds are gone. But tyre screeching sounds are way overdone. And talking of the tyres, they still aren't round. (Maybe that's why they screech?😂)

• Like 5

Does anyone remember what the autopilot improvement mod for the basic autopilot is called?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

17 hours ago, kiwikat said:

No it's not, it's still way below other STOL aircraft (notably systems depth is not good at all) ; buy the analog Caravan by Black Square, the Kodiak by SWS, or the Milviz PC-6 if you want quality STOL aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Until they support the GTN's then NO

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

4 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

No it's not, it's still way below other STOL aircraft (notably systems depth is not good at all) ; buy the analog Caravan by Black Square, the Kodiak by SWS, or the Milviz PC-6 if you want quality STOL aircraft.

Those are single turboprops. Any decent twin turboprops? What about the BN2 Islander from Blackbox? I was looking at that thinking it might make a worthwhile Twotter replacement.

In all fairness, I do like the Twotter, and am very glad to see that MK has not abandoned her.  Off to DL the update!  Ta!

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, s0cks said:

Those are single turboprops. Any decent twin turboprops? What about the BN2 Islander from Blackbox? I was looking at that thinking it might make a worthwhile Twotter replacement.

The Black Square kingair is a great buy!  They even worked on some of the turboprop engine logic though it's not perfect.  I love that addon!

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |