Sign in to follow this  
Cfoley

FSX install to new windows 10 machine

I have been using FSX from disc since 2011, but my Windows 7 computer is wearing out, along with my 11 year old monitor with built in speakers.  I bought a new HP with a new monitor and my old FSX discs are not compatible with my Windows 10.  I had to buy FSX Steam and none of my many years of purchased add-ons of airports and aircraft transferred over with Zinstall,  PMDG, Level-D, and Quality wings will have to be reinstalled, not to mention of all the trouble shooting problems I had from 2011 to 2016 will likely be back, with also new issues on Steam.  I noticed aready on forums that Steam has a bad repution for CDT issues.  I am having a difficult time with Windows 10 as well since it is so different from Windows 7.  I cannot even locate my programs files!  I type it in the start menu and it takes me to the internet, unlike Windows 7. The first reinstall was my Quality Wings 757 and 787, but I am having issues with the EADI in the cockpit being blank with and error message. This most likely is only the beginning of many issues to come.

Edited by Cfoley
  • Upvote 1

Cray Foley

I have split your post into a new topic.  Your chances of help will be much better because most folks will ignore older topics.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It's not much help, but the FSX discs are compatible with both Windows 10 and 11.
The only recurrent problem has a simple solution involving a small registry edit.

23 minutes ago, Tailspin55 said:

Uh, care to elaborate?

Probably this one:

1. run regedit (Windowskey +R)
2. Expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\CLASS\{4D36E967-
E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr and/or remove any other settings and then click OK.
5. Close Registry Editor
6. Start FSX/Accel and you should get the registration wizard. 

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312541-Flight-sim-boots-me-off&p=2055615#post2055615

Read post#10 by Jethrom.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: