Sign in to follow this  
kmanace3000

FSX Falcon 50 GPS, Com 1&2 and Nav 1&2 Not turning on

My GPS, Com 1&2 and Nav 1&2 is Not turning on even when turning to switch on and Avionics Master on. Can someone help with this matter please?

4 hours ago, kmanace3000 said:

My GPS, Com 1&2 and Nav 1&2 is Not turning on even when turning to switch on and Avionics Master on. Can someone help with this matter please?

More information would be helpful I think.  For example, are the batteries on (and charged), generators on, engines running?  You mentioned Com 1&2 and Nav 1&2 are not turning on, what about the two ADF radios and the transponder -- do they turn on? If you push the warning panel test button do the warning panel lights (located above the WX radar) come on? I'm trying to understand the extent of the problem.

Did you just purchase the plane, or is this a new problem with a previous purchase that was working at one point? If you are new to the Falcon50, did you use the GPS Management tool to install your GPS unit? And which GPS unit are you using?

Al

Edited by ark

Thanks for your reply. I purchased it 2 months ago, but just installed it on FSX yesterday. So, All Gens and batteries are on, Engines are running, also when lights were tested, noting is showing on NAV 1 & 2 also Com 1 & 2, with switch selected on. ADFs are on when I select the Avionics master. When I do a light test, noting is still not showing on NAV 1&2 also Com 1 & 2. Is there another switch to turn on the NAV's and Com's?

I'm new on the Falcon 50, I did follow some directions to install the GPS Management tool for the GPS unit. I have installed the default the Flysimware GPS GNS 530 single unit loaded.

7 hours ago, kmanace3000 said:

Thanks for your reply. I purchased it 2 months ago, but just installed it on FSX yesterday. So, All Gens and batteries are on, Engines are running, also when lights were tested, noting is showing on NAV 1 & 2 also Com 1 & 2, with switch selected on. ADFs are on when I select the Avionics master. When I do a light test, noting is still not showing on NAV 1&2 also Com 1 & 2. Is there another switch to turn on the NAV's and Com's?

I'm new on the Falcon 50, I did follow some directions to install the GPS Management tool for the GPS unit. I have installed the default the Flysimware GPS GNS 530 single unit loaded.

EDIT: Make sure the C and D busses on the overhead are on (vertical knob orientatiion). The D bus off kills the Com and Nav radios.

I find it strange the ADF radios turn on but not the GPS, or COM or NAV radios.  While I'm thinking about this, it might be worth:

1.  Try running the GPS Management tool again to install the GPS unit.  And by the way, be careful to install the correct GNS 530. You have to install the Flysimware GNS 530 unless you own (had purchased) the Flight1 or RXP GNS 530.  After selecting the GNS 530 you should get a popup message to reload the aircraft. Also note the GNS530 has a power switch (knob) that has to be turned on (upper left corner of the GPS).

2. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the Falcon and then reinstall it if you have not tried that. 

Al

Edited by ark

Ark,

Thanks a million. The buses were off. The GPS, Nav's and com's now work. 

I guess I need to buy a add on for the radar to work?

Also, is there a Falcon 900B version or any Falcon 900 that I can purchase for FSX ?

DM

5 hours ago, kmanace3000 said:

Ark,

Thanks a million. The buses were off. The GPS, Nav's and com's now work. 

I guess I need to buy a add on for the radar to work?

Also, is there a Falcon 900B version or any Falcon 900 that I can purchase for FSX ?

DM

Ah, that's good news, glad to hear you have the radios working. I should have thought of those buses right away but it's probably been at least two years since I've done anything with the Falcon 50.

I am not aware of any Falcon 900 aircraft for FSX, or any other sim, but I have never looked for that.

Yes, the WX radar is a third party addon and I don't know if it is still available or not. It was taken over by Milviz (now called Blackbird Simulations) a few years ago and was supported up through P3Dv4, but as I recall, not for P3Dv5. You will have to contact them to see if you can get a copy for FSX at this "late" point in time. https://blackbirdsims.com/flight/ .

Al

Edited by ark