Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

In One Important Aspect, The Vision Jet Is A Total Failure

The new Cirrus Vision Jet gets a lot of things right, but it fails at one thing that has become an important aspect of purchasing addons, namely that "there is always something" feeling you get when you start realizing that this doesn't work, or that is half baked, or your performance just tanked. 

Using "Frank" from FS Realistic, I did a thorough walkaround, looked into every nook and cranny, every wheel whell..couldn't find an issue. Flies well, a little twitchy, but perfectly manageable, great textures inside an out. Great performance framerate-wise. I turned on dev mode to check fps, loaded the plane into Aersoft's Megaairport Berlin Brandenburg (a performance hog), and after everything loaded in I got a solid and steady framerate of about 27 fps. I frequently hit my cap of 30.

Therefore:

mh7kcej.png

You've been watching too many AVAngel clips! 😉

Edited by Donka

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I'm no interweb expert, but I have been told that when people give a thread a title such as this, in an attempt to be humorously ironic, it has a negative impact on the algorithms in search engines.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

By that measure, Carenado should be in the poor house...

But, seriously, it's rare these days to buy an addon and NOT be disappointed by one thing or the other, it's almost like a letdown when you get something that works just fine right out of the box and doesn't kill your framerates. 

As I said: It even works on (my) potato. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

By that measure, Carenado should be in the poor house...

But, seriously, it's rare these days to buy an addon and NOT be disappointed by one thing or the other, it's almost like a letdown when you get something that works just fine right out of the box and doesn't kill your framerates. 

As I said: It even works on (my) potato. 

Good point - on a dollar to dollar basis, the Carenado products do not compare well to the HJET and the SF50 from FlightFX.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I'm hopeful that FlightFX will sort of "corner the market" for VLBJs. 

Looking forward to a Phenom 100 or 300

My only gripe with this and the Honda Jet, someone smarter than I making some StreamDeck XL profiles for them. Lvars, Hvars and Bvars are too bloody confusing to me.

• Like 1

Eric 

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

I'm no interweb expert, but I have been told that when people give a thread a title such as this, in an attempt to be humorously ironic, it has a negative impact on the algorithms in search engines.

These threads are so lame. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm hopeful that FlightFX will sort of "corner the market" for VLBJs. 

Think once the refresh is out and integrated, they could easily become my favourite developer.

Hoping that they move up into some "bigger" stuff, rather than stay with the VLJs though .. ..

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Oh, I see what you did there.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Nice pull to get some of us in here.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414---FSS E175+P2006T---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C-22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

On 12/1/2022 at 9:32 AM, Chapstick said:

These threads are so lame. 

Yeah, "The Honda Jet Isn't good", "The Vision Jet Is a Total Failure", he seems to have a fetish about clickbait tiles. I wonder if he is a YouTuber.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White