Sign in to follow this  
Guest danny68

Water Problems at 1.x Phil Taylor please help

Guest danny68

I know about the purple water problem related to Nvidia cards.Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on another issue I for one am having.Water at Normal and 1.x low looks the same and like there is no animations or reflection maps of any kind. At 1.x mid and 1.x high the water still has no animations at all but looks like a static reflection map has been enabled. Looks bad though and like a strange mask effect is over laid. The reflections look way too pale and totally unrealistic.Comparing the bit maps in the scenery world texture folder tells me they are similar environment bit maps to FS9. This could be legacy itmes being left behind from FS9 but more likely this part of the program was never really fully working since release.As a reslut I use either normal water with no animations or reflections (not very nice though) or 2.x water which works well at 2.x low for me. In some situtions though I would like to have water turned down lower and get water at least as good as FS9 which though not perfect is much better than FSX at normal or 1.x settings.I'm hoping Phil Taylor can help here if nobody else can?Dan

Guest danny68

yeah, is full right.... I'll check though just to make sure

Guest danny68

yes, doubled checked and special effects is full right. I didn't think environment maps were linked to special effects?Thanks for the suggestions Jim but no luck so farDan,

Guest danny68

are you saying you can see water animations Jim at 1.x any setting?Dan

First I have heard of it, and there is not enough data about config to help. Not that I have time to track down each and every error on each and every users machine :-).

>First I have heard of it, and there is not enough data about>config to help. Not that I have time to track down each and>every error on each and every users machine :-).Gee Phil - with all the major work done, I thought you were on cruise control right now with loads of free time! :(Visit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest danny68

Thanks Guys,I've assumed this is a broken out of the box issue? Maybe it's not for some.I've got an Nvidia 7950x512 and duo core intel 6600 with 3bg or Ram if that helps nail this one.Dan