Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

flightSim Studio embraer 175

Really hoping on a high-fidelity Embraer......

• Like 3

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

Who are these developers?  If I go to the flightsimstudio website it takes me to torquesim which is an x-plane developer.  Are they one and the same?

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

8 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

Who are these developers?  If I go to the flightsimstudio website it takes me to torquesim which is an x-plane developer.  Are they one and the same?

Here's what I see

https://www.flightsim-studio.com/products/

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks like The website is https://www.flightsim-studio.com/. Not any info I could see about the 175 other than the photo on the home page.

Does anyone know how detailed they're planning to get with this? I've been flying on these as a pax quite a bit since it's the main aircraft Alaska/Horizon uses out of KPAE.  They seem like they'd be fun to fly.

Brian W

KPAE

9 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Does anyone know how detailed they're planning to get with this?

Apparently, 6 people have been working on the systems for the past 12 months and is a collaboration project with X-Crafts.

The plane will be released in two steps. First an Early Access version, then the final release at a higher price. No exact release date given yet.

Source: https://cruiselevel.de/fss-arbeitet-an-e-jet-fuer-msfs/

Does anyone know how what standard X-Crafts aim for as a developer?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737MAX said:

Does anyone know how what standard X-Crafts aim for as a developer?

They are pretty decent in XP11 - maybe not the finest of payware ever... but still very good.  I used XP11 often so I'd say somewhere between PMDG and Aerosoft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

The plane will be released in two steps. First an Early Access version, then the final release at a higher price. No exact release date given yet.

What is it with this early access at the moment?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I used XP11 often so I'd say somewhere between PMDG and Aerosoft.

Given that the only alternative in MSFS is the VirtualCol (ignoring the announced, but no-further-details-given tease from NextGen Simulations), this E-Jet might be worthwhile. Especially as it's a collaboration.

My last experience of an E-Jet was the FeelThere stuff in P3D5. Anything that surpasses these expectations will be interesting to me!

16 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

🤷‍♂️Dunno. Ask them. 🙃

It seems that developers have seen that there are enough flight simmers willing to do early access. Important (from their perspective) as it gives them access to funds when money is really tight during the crucial beta stage.

What's the saying? 20% of software development work takes 80% of the time.

Edited by F737MAX

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

It was only a matter of time until it reached the flight sim market, especially now that it extended to casual gamers. It's hugely successful concept that's been used for more than a decade on the PC game market. The developer makes an early limited investment, releases the early access versions with basic functions, gets some money and appropriately to the amount of sales the product gets developed further. In other words: If it sells well, it gets enhanced pretty well because there's potential for more income. If it sells badly, the investment loss is limited and the product will only be slightly enhanced from the early access version. 
It's a blessing and a curse at the same time - it makes many more projects viable to start (because limited risk), but also makes many projects less complete than they would have been without early access. Unfortunately - from my point of view a study level simmer - this will limit the amount of complete study level aircraft; we will be seeing a lot more mid-level airplanes in MSFS instead.

This Embraer seems to fall exactly into that category, if only for the fact that they didn't even show one glimpse of systems, cockpit etc. I'd kill for a study level E-Jet, it's my favourite regional airliner, actually my favorite airliner overall right after the 737 and the Queen of the Sky (AKA 747).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

This Embraer seems to fall exactly into that category, if only for the fact that they didn't even show one glimpse of systems, cockpit etc.

In the comments section of the linked YT video, AviationLads are suggesting that the cockpit and systems are decent. Just that they are doing a slow reveal with a part 2 video showcasing the interior coming in the next few weeks.

We'll have to wait and see though. E-Jet fans on ESP sims have been burned many times before.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this!!

These guys also announced the e-jet series previously - https://ouroborosjets.com/

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

35 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

Using YOUR money to finance further development. 

Excited about this if it indeed turns out to be high fidelity, not so excited about the early access part though.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Anything's gotta be better than the VirtualCol version...🤮

Never experienced a decent EJet in prior FSX/P3D platforms, so it will be a first for me!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

8 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Looking forward to this!!

These guys also announced the e-jet series previously - https://ouroborosjets.com/

Shom

Haven't heard from them since back when they announced it, like 2 years ago IIRC. I might be too pessimistic, but an "open source project" with the goal to create "accessible" aircraft doesn't make it likely to be more in depth than the one from flightSim Studio.