Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

Anyone know of some great scenery?

Megascenery Hawaii is pretty good, its only $15 and you can run your water at maximum with it, which combined with the 1m resolution looks quite nice. I also have HelgolandX which is very detailed, though becuase its so small its hard to enjoy with aircraft.I quite like the Bella Coola scenery from the libray, its a very large area and its a lot of fun if you like flying mountain passes and such.

The best scenery IMHO is that of the whole of England and Wales by Horizon. The resolution is quite incredible and looks convincingly lifelike at 1500 ft. It is a massive package but works really well. Since it is photo-realistic scenery, you can turn off autogen and enjoy a frame rate boost as well as better graphics. Go here:http://www.horizonsimulation.com/shopus/Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I guess the scenery one wants totally depends on how they fly. There is no way I would consider turning off autogen, as autogen set to no lower than dense is what makes the sim for me.

Autogen is great for normal scenery. No arguement. But for the new FSX photo-realistic sceneries where resolution is very high I can't agree. I would argue that since the Horizon scenery gives a realistic depth effect at very low altitude, by the time you have the wheels up and have time to look outside the cockpit you are already at an altitude where you are better off without the autogen. Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Megascenery has 3 packages made for fsx that aren't patched. Phoenix, hawaii and dallas are all first rate and all made specifically for FSX. They look amazing compared to their fs9 scenery.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

>Megascenery Hawaii is pretty good, its only $15 and you can>run your water at maximum with it, which combined with the 1m>resolution looks quite nice. >>I also have HelgolandX which is very detailed, though becuase>its so small its hard to enjoy with aircraft.>>I quite like the Bella Coola scenery from the libray, its a>very large area and its a lot of fun if you like flying>mountain passes and such. I say this Hawaii product but the screenies seem very dark.

>The best scenery IMHO is that of the whole of England and>Wales by Horizon. The resolution is quite incredible and looks>convincingly lifelike at 1500 ft. It is a massive package but>works really well. Since it is photo-realistic scenery, you>can turn off autogen and enjoy a frame rate boost as well as>better graphics. >>Go here:>>http://www.horizonsimulation.com/shopus/>>Cheers,>>Noel.Nice, but $50 is a bit steep for me for just a small area.

>Megascenery has 3 packages made for fsx that aren't patched.>Phoenix, hawaii and dallas are all first rate and all made>specifically for FSX. They look amazing compared to their fs9>scenery.>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA>RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead SetupI see!I was looking at these products at Flight1 and the write ups are a bit misleading.The Megascenery screenies are very good. Though a few seem blurry.

>by the time you have the wheels up and have time to look>outside the cockpit you are already at an altitude where you>are better off without the autogen. That may be true for the way you fly, but its not true for the way I fly. http://sio.midco.net/FTP5/belowtreesb.jpg

Haven't tried it, but there is no shortage of Chile scenery available!scott s..

Well I went to the MegaScenery website and purchases the Hawaii scenery and received NO link for download.Sent then email.Any ideas?

I think they send you a DVD through the mail. Scenery package is to big to download.

I purchased MegaScenery for Hawaii. It's very nice. Although at times the scenery seems way to dark. It only covers Honolulu and Oahu Island.Considering the prices on the other MegaScenery products I think they should have included all islands.Anyway, it's worth it.