Sign in to follow this  
Masterius

Some problems with LINDA freezing/locking up

LINDA 3.3.5.1363      FSUIPC 6109     Prepar3D v5, 5.3.17.28160

I have two issues with LINDA locking up and freezing. One is something that's always happened as far back as I can recall, and the other is something that's only recently started.

The first is when I try saving the current HID assignments. With an aircraft profile loaded, and SELECT JOYSTICK selected, clicking

1. immediately locks up the program, with the window indicting (Not Responding) and the cursor a swirling blue "wait" circle.

The second is more recent. For one, I've started seeing this message during initial loading/startup: "[ERROR] SetFaultDiagnosisMode - LogOptionProtect Access violation at address 007ADC70 in module 'LINDA.exe'. Read of address 7102C619 [5]" This does not appear to cause any noticeable issues that I'm aware of, but is is something I don't recall seeing before. However, if I reload LINDA for any reason, it gets stuck at the red-lettered warning of LINDA restarting, do not press any buttons. Checking the console, it appears to be stuck during loading at either 1) :  [INIT] Initialising HID devices... or 2) :  [EVNT] InitHID... In either case, I have to shut down LINDA and restart or, in some instances, reboot the computer entirely.

I am now also seeing these when I never have before:

5731110 **** DevCom read/write threads still running - will exit anyway but could cause issues...
  5731422 **** DevCom Read thread terminated
  5731922 **** DevCom read/write threads still running - will exit anyway but could cause issues...
  5732219 **** DevCom Read thread terminated
  5732735 **** DevCom read/write threads still running - will exit anyway but could cause issues...
  5733032 **** DevCom Read thread terminated
  5733547 **** DevCom read/write threads still running - will exit anyway but could cause issues...
  5733844 **** DevCom Read thread terminated
  5734360 **** DevCom read/write threads still running - will exit anyway but could cause issues...
  5734672 **** DevCom Read thread terminated