Sign in to follow this  
Grzegorz

Cairo HECA for P3d 45

A warm welcome to you all, 

I would like to ask for advice on which scenery for cairo HECA will work under P3D 45. 
I found two on simmarket: from ARMI PROJECT and from SDG. The first one is under FSX and I could not find information if it will work under P3d V4 and the one from SDG although it is visible in the shop you can not buy it - here is information that it works under P3D V4. I have also been to the SDG website, but no current activity is visible there. Buying requires activation, but I'm a bit afraid to buy this scenery without knowing if the developer is still active.
Could you guys recommend something.

Regards
Grzegorz

Stay away from the SDG add-on--I tried to reactivate the scenery when I did a system rebuild a few years ago and was unable to get anyone to reset the key or otherwise respond to multiple e-mail attempts.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

7 hours ago, Grzegorz said:

the one from SDG although it is visible in the shop you can not buy it - here is information that it works under P3D V4.

I bought it when P3D V4 came out (2017) and the installer did not recognize V4 so it could not be activated. I contacted support at that time who said they would work on a V4 compatible version. That didn't happen and as Bob says: 

2 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

-I tried to reactivate the scenery when I did a system rebuild a few years ago and was unable to get anyone to reset the key or otherwise respond to multiple e-mail attempts.

The website, forum and email are desolate. As sometimes happens in our community, the developer(s) probably got caught up with life changes, moved on to something else or may well even be deceased. We don't know so its best to leave the SDG stuff alone, it would be throwing money away. 

13 hours ago, Grzegorz said:

A warm welcome to you all, 

I would like to ask for advice on which scenery for cairo HECA will work under P3D 45. 
I found two on simmarket: from ARMI PROJECT and from SDG. The first one is under FSX and I could not find information if it will work under P3d V4 and the one from SDG although it is visible in the shop you can not buy it - here is information that it works under P3D V4. I have also been to the SDG website, but no current activity is visible there. Buying requires activation, but I'm a bit afraid to buy this scenery without knowing if the developer is still active.
Could you guys recommend something.

Regards
Grzegorz

I have both versions. I first bought the SDG HECA in 2015 and it worked fine in FSX. I then also got the updates for P3D2. After two years I ran into problems. I can't remember what it was, but I couldn't solve it and so I bought the Armi Project HECA, which I still have today in P3D5. I reworked the Afcad. The altitude has changed in P3D5. I had a look at the scenery and it looks flawless. But the scenery is not nowadays standard, so don't expect high quality. I will upload the reworked Afcad to my website.

Dan

P.S. Looks like there are static jetways.5j1WXFF.jpg

Edited by blaunarwal

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

HECA SP2 works fine. But there are still terrain caveats and the photoreal ground disables all autogen all the way up to the pyramids. Only downtown Cairo scrapers still stand.

I therefore disable the photoreal .bgl files and then edit with ADE the airport background and flatten the entire parameter.

This places HECA on a plateau right at the border of the airport.

I can live with that. Perhaps a good idea to try if handy.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

10 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

bought the Armi Project HECA

You do understand that you are missing new huge terminal 2, which is roughly 20-25% of the airport? It is better not to fly there at all IMHO...

1 hour ago, vl1 said:

You do understand that you are missing new huge terminal 2, which is roughly 20-25% of the airport? It is better not to fly there at all IMHO...

Does SDG have it? I read they didn't realize it, but maybe that was not true. I have now installed both and can compare. 

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thank you for your information and advice. 
I found the terminal 2 page for SDG, but of course I don't have this scenery and it's difficult for me to write something about this addition.
https://motextures.wixsite.com/mo-textures/copy-of-gsx-profile

I'm a bit apprehensive about buying from SDG and I've been carrying my intention from ARMI - I'm simulating a PLL LOT operation which has recently started flying to Cairo and it would be nice to be able to fly there on pmdg

Best regards

Grzegorz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grzegorz said:

Thank you for your information and advice. 
I found the terminal 2 page for SDG, but of course I don't have this scenery and it's difficult for me to write something about this addition.
https://motextures.wixsite.com/mo-textures/copy-of-gsx-profile

I'm a bit apprehensive about buying from SDG and I've been carrying my intention from ARMI - I'm simulating a PLL LOT operation which has recently started flying to Cairo and it would be nice to be able to fly there on pmdg

Best regards

Grzegorz

I try that. The default SDG HECA worked fine with the Exclude and dynamic light from iniBuilds. Now I added the terminal 2 and look forward to what I will see. 

11 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I try that. The default SDG HECA worked fine with the Exclude and dynamic light from iniBuilds. Now I added the terminal 2 and look forward to what I will see. 

Please write how it works together

1 minute ago, Grzegorz said:

Sure will do. Have some problems with double scenery caused by the exclude file...

23 hours ago, Grzegorz said:

The SDG scenery alone is fine, but lacks the terminal 2. The addon terminal scenery can not be installed straight forward. First the exclude file from iniBuilds and the one in the T2 package, are the same. It contains an ADE of the airport HECA which interferes with the afcad from SDG and does not contain any exclusions. I guess it was a faulty file from the beginning an nobody realized before. So I made my own. The reworked ADE lacks of parking information. So I changed them a bit. Next thing was the ground over the former construction site always gets visible again. At first there is asphalt tarmac but then it dissappears and the sandy earth comes back. Also jetways dissappear from time to time. That can be a problem of GSX, however, I rather have Cairo without T2, than with all these problems. If I don't get it to run with the next sim restart, I will revert back to default SDG version. 

13 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

The SDG scenery alone is fine, but lacks the terminal 2. The addon terminal scenery can not be installed straight forward. First the exclude file from iniBuilds and the one in the T2 package, are the same. It contains an ADE of the airport HECA which interferes with the afcad from SDG and does not contain any exclusions. I guess it was a faulty file from the beginning an nobody realized before. So I made my own. The reworked ADE lacks of parking information. So I changed them a bit. Next thing was the ground over the former construction site always gets visible again. At first there is asphalt tarmac but then it dissappears and the sandy earth comes back. Also jetways dissappear from time to time. That can be a problem of GSX, however, I rather have Cairo without T2, than with all these problems. If I don't get it to run with the next sim restart, I will revert back to default SDG version. 

Thank you. Maybe I'll take a chance on buying this scenery although looking at the publisher's inactivity I'm a bit concerned about getting it registered once I buy it.

Best regards

Grzegorz

Edited by Grzegorz

52 minutes ago, Grzegorz said:

Thank you. Maybe I'll take a chance on buying this scenery although looking at the publisher's inactivity I'm a bit concerned about getting it registered once I buy it.

Best regards

Grzegorz

I installed it two days ago and it was possible to register. There seems to be a problem to reactivate your key, if it is installed to many times. Then you need to email them and wait. But installation went straight forward. The SDG scenery is a bit better or newer than the one from ARMI but both lack the T2. The sat scenery from SDG is really ugly. But these are the only products for this airport. 

My problems were because of the wrong SDG version installed. I have 3 at Simmarket. With the SDG_HECA_v2_SP2_Installer.exe I could install and got a directory HECAv2SP2, for which the terminal 2 addon is configured. So the SDG installed into P3D4, which I still have installed. I copied the directory to v5 and applied the Terminal 2 mod. What I got is missing buildings for the SDG scenery. I wanted to try another installation, but my key was only valid for one installation. They still seem to fear to loose money and i remember why I abandoned this scenery. For every problem you have, you need to mail them to reactivate your key.

Does anybody have an idea, where the buildings are? Is this somewhere else in v4, so that I missed to copy something? Is this too copy protection?

rap9PE5.jpg