Sign in to follow this  
guibru

A big update to come for the Kodiak 100 by SWS.

Alex Vletsas from SimWorks Studios gave details on the future update of the Kodiak in 2-3 weeks. This is mainly di from the aircraft flight model, with some engine adjustments.

https://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios/posts/pfbid0zQSTDQn1yw9UiHZLjCroymr5wZA56J6Ti1p5L7MCWNuAiJ24SfCsaYxJniR66hA8l

Other news: The PC-12 was due to be released by the end of the year, but development has encountered some difficulties in recent weeks so the PC-21 should now be released in the first quarter of 2023.

• Like 7

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

So... it wasn't me who thought I couldn't get a decent landing with the Kodiak anymore. Good to see it is due to the SU's.
Thanks for the HU.

• Like 3

Glad to hear the Kodiak is getting this needed update. Something definitely changed with it a few months ago and I was falling out of the sky on short final once below 90kts along with reducing power.  Glad they recognized the issue and improved it...great aircraft!

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

My preferred turboprop in MFS 😁

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 12/3/2022 at 4:03 PM, Flic1 said:

Something definitely changed with it a few months ago and I was falling out of the sky on short final once below 90kts along with reducing power.

Same with me. I thought I must be doing something wrong and actually set the Kodiak aside as I just could not get it on the ground in any kind of reasonable manner. Looking forward to the update.

Dan Scott

ORBX Central has the Kodiak update v1.4.0.
Is this the new update?

Edited by bvdboomen

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

ORBX Central has the Kodiak update v1.4.0.
Is this the new update?

I doubt if the Orbx version is newer than Simworks Studios own shop version, which currently is 1.3.6.

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

Orbx may have released the update earlier than expected - From SWS Discord when someone asked what it is:

Alex Vletsas — Today at 14:09

It's Friday for them, I guess!

Enjoy, we'll push out our update tonight or in the morning.

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 2

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Got the update from ORBX, plane flies nice, landings seem fine too. Only problem I noticed was the EIS 1500 was back to dropping the one digit below the view section of the speed tape. Used Bert P’s fix for this, minus the .05 part and the EIS is fine now. Also sent a message to SWS.

Quoting Bert’s information:

You may have noticed that the speed readout on the standby ESI500 gauge has a problem with the middle digit after SU10.

If this happens to you, you can edit the SWS_ESI500 xml gauge in the panel folder as follows:

<!-- Airspeed indications -->
        <!-- Knots  added 0.5 -->

<Element>
            <Position X="36" Y="172"/>
            <Text X="42" Y="50" Bright="Yes" Length="3" Font="Arial" Color="White" Adjust="Right" VerticalAdjust="Center">
                <String>%( (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 0.5 + 20 max 300 min 10 / flr )%!2d!%</String>
            </Text>
        </Element>

The 0.5 knots added is optional, but provides for a better transition when crossing a 10s boundary..

Edited by Wblackret
Additional information

49 minutes ago, Wblackret said:

Got the update from ORBX, plane flies nice, landings seem fine too. Only problem I noticed was the EIS 1500 was back to dropping the one digit below the view section of the speed tape. Used Bert P’s fix for this, minus the .05 part and the EIS is fine now. Also sent a message to SWS.

Quoting Bert’s information:

You may have noticed that the speed readout on the standby ESI500 gauge has a problem with the middle digit after SU10.

If this happens to you, you can edit the SWS_ESI500 xml gauge in the panel folder as follows:

<!-- Airspeed indications -->
        <!-- Knots  added 0.5 -->

<Element>
            <Position X="36" Y="172"/>
            <Text X="42" Y="50" Bright="Yes" Length="3" Font="Arial" Color="White" Adjust="Right" VerticalAdjust="Center">
                <String>%( (A:AIRSPEED INDICATED, knots) 0.5 + 20 max 300 min 10 / flr )%!2d!%</String>
            </Text>
        </Element>

The 0.5 knots added is optional, but provides for a better transition when crossing a 10s boundary..

Thanks for that.  Is this standby instrument still a frame rate killer?  I used to pull the breaker on it to turn it off and notice a significant performance improvement.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Hopefully it will appear on Just Flight before Christmas. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

21 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Thanks for that.  Is this standby instrument still a frame rate killer?  I used to pull the breaker on it to turn it off and notice a significant performance improvement.

I think that was fixed awhile back. I had a mod that changed it to an Asobo standby, but I believe I deleted it after one of the updates.  Just looked at the change log on their website and don't see that listed...

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Doesn't appear to be affecting frames. I also had the other fix for the ASOBO gauge, but found it wasn't needed anymore. Fact is, it was fixed by SWS a while back, but the recent update messed it up again. Bobsk8 is correct, saw nothing in the change log about it either.

Edited by Wblackret
  • Like 1