Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

How many hours are u simming each day?

This simulator just gets better each day.  I started simming around in the late 90"s.

Thus, how many hours  of flying would u do each day ?

For me, I usually start around 9:00pm and   I might  stop around 2am .  Most of the time I am flying the PMDG 737, or Fly the Maddog, and of course the Cessna 414 AW..

I might start with a short flight ex, NY to Boston, and ILS approach, and the 2nd flight KORD to KSYR,these are just examples/  Thus, I fly each day about 5 hours.

Edited by Sunshine13
did not sound right
  • Like 2

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

It depends, I am a professional classical musician. 

So as a independent profession with two small kids, I combine my work with my hobby.

So if I need to work six hours at home, I plan a six hours flight and work while I am flying ;))

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

It depends, I am a professional classical musician. 

Sorry to the OP for taking this off-topic, but which instrument do you play, and what is your favourite or most challenging piece that you play ? I'm a bit of a classical music fan meself.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Some days none.  Some days just casual (external view only) with a kid on my lap.  Once in a blue moon an actual flight by myself with track ir (or now VR).

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I am a fully retired military Veteran with no children, so I can pretty much sim whenever I want...when I am home, that is about 6 hours a day. But, in the winter I am skiing a lot of the time, and in the summer I am on Jeep trips, camping and hiking trips pretty often. Doing everything I want now is making up for the 28 years of service where I was not home very often and worked long, late hours. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Being semi-retired I have some freedom on this - I'd say about 2 hours/day with a 1 1/2 hour flight average.

Interestingly, like Rob0203 I am also a classical musician (one of my professions)

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

More often, now that Horizon Sim has overhauled Latin VFRs A319 ceo and A321 Neo with the FBW cockpit.  I also like the new 787-8 mod that uses the heavy division 787 cockpit.  Also, it seems like AI traffic has gotten much much better.  I actually watched the flight in front of me depart and stay on course as it climbed.  then once it was high enough it turned, no 500mph zoomies at 500 feet.  Although, I have seen that on occasion still, but  very rarely.  

2-3 30min to 3hr flights on average using A Pilot's Life v2 w/ PACX, PMDG 738, AS CRJ700, B78X HD.  I continue to be amazed at the quality of the experience.  It does keep getting better and yet has a ways to go still especially w/ cloud depiction, seasons depiction, ATC and AI Traffic.  I prefer as much core functionality as possible to be well done in-sim including all of those areas.

I consider myself exceedingly blessed to get such fun out of flight simulation.  And it's so much better than its ever been and I get the distinct sense it will continue improving, MSFS that is. 

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

5 hours ago, Paul K said:

Sorry to the OP for taking this off-topic, but which instrument do you play, and what is your favourite or most challenging piece that you play ? I'm a bit of a classical music fan meself.

I play harpsichord and organ, specialized in early music / lot of Bach.

This weekend busy with performing Brandenburg 5 concerto / Bach and some cantatas with a baroque group in the north of the Netherlands.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

A couple of hours a week for me. Usually on a weekend. Been at that level for about 20 years now!

I'm lucky to get in a couple of hours on the weekend. And this mostly during the cold season. Spring and summer are spent outdoors. 

15 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm lucky to get in a couple of hours on the weekend. And this mostly during the cold season. Spring and summer are spent outdoors.

Pretty much the same as me with the addition of some holidays. The MSFS hobby is primarily a winter activity for me.