Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Here's one for you environmentalists to chew on...

China' Russia, USA, India, Brazil. Are the world's biggest emitters of methane. 50% of all emmisions.

And often deliberate methane venting. 

• Upvote 1

Don't forget the cattle.....🙂 .

• Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Heaven help me if NASA ever gets a methane image from me after a visit to Taco Bell.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

4 hours ago, martin-w said:

China' Russia, USA, India, Brazil. Are the world's biggest emitters of methane. 50% of all emmisions.

And often deliberate methane venting. 

Yep, but that doesn't really matter.

As there are no natural boundaries up in the sky and emissions can't escape the atmosphere, they spread all over the planet. So everyone who's helping cut emissions is helping good living conditions on the whole planet.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

"Three years of airborne surveys conducted over the Permian Basin between 2019 and 2021 revealed about 30 facilities—including pipelines, well pads, compressor stations, and processing facilities—persistently emitted large volumes of methane over multiple years. The surveys were conducted by Carbon Mapper in partnership with the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF).

The partnership said repairing the discovered leaks could immediately reduce 100,000 metric tons of methane per year. These 30 facilities make up less than 0.001% of the region’s oil and gas infrastructure, and yet they produce the same near-term climate pollution as about half a million passenger vehicles. The mitigation of these 30 super-emitters would prevent $26 million a year in wasted gas."

https://jpt.spe.org/three-year-study-identifies-methane-super-emitters-in-the-permian-basin 

Dugald Walker

I love it when people blame other countries for their emissions but then are happy to fill up their vehicles and heat their homes with fuels those countries produce which cause those emissions.  The Europeans are at this very moment desperately looking to buy more oil and gas wherever they can get it.  They're also still buying oil from Russia, and just recently implemented a price cap of $60 a barrel for that oil, which actually means they won't be getting any more of it as Russia won't sell it at that price, further exacerbating their energy deficit crisis.

Anyway, you can bet that the EPA will be investigating this asap.  They've already said they're considering declaring the entire Permian Basin an "ozone nonattainment zone", which will further restrict oil and gas drilling in the area. 

The vilification of "carbon", CO2, methane, nitrogen(Netherlands will be shutting down 3000 farms due to excessive nitrogen emissions), cows and the meat they produce, and soon *many* other things you little people need to stop consuming, is all part of an effort to force the unwashed masses to reduce their consumption to stop you-know-what and "save the planet", but really it's about weakening and impoverishing the middle class and reducing their numbers.  All this so that the "elites", IE the wealthy class and their politician minions, can increase their wealth and power.

Don't take my word for it.  Check out the World Economic Forum and its Great Reset ideas, as well as the United Nations Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030.  China is the model.  It's all right out in the open now.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 hours ago, W2DR said:

Don't forget the cattle.....🙂 .

3.5 billion cows. 6% of greenhouse gasses. 

Every little bit helps.......

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

17 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I love it when people blame other countries for their emissions but then are happy to fill up their vehicles and heat their homes with fuels those countries produce which cause those emissions.  The Europeans are at this very moment desperately looking to buy more oil and gas wherever they can get it. 

The conversation isn't about oil and gas, its about methane emissions.

And yes, we can certainly blame companies for deliberate methane venting. Methane has been increasing at an accelerated rate. Biogenic sources are looking like the biggest culprit. Not definitive yet that its a feedback, but the warmer we get organic matter obviously decomposes quicker. And of course, methane is 5 times more potent as a greenhouse gas. 

24 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

is all part of an effort to force the unwashed masses to reduce their consumption to stop you-know-what and "save the planet", but really it's about weakening and impoverishing the middle class and reducing their numbers.

Personally, I have no time for conspiracy theories when the basic science in this respect is definitive. Its not about vilification, its about basic atmospheric chemistry and physics we learnt at school and have known about since the 1800's. 

We aren't allowed to debate climate change here, even when we call it "you know what" so a good suggestion might be to avoid the subject. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

but really it's about weakening and impoverishing the middle class and reducing their numbers.

So the $600/mo saving from not having to purchase fuel/diesel for my 3 EVs (all of which were purchased from $19K to 30K over the past 8 years either new or used) is somehow making me "impoverished"?  Please explain because that $600/mo saving has permitted me to do other activity that was not an option when I spent that much of fuel.  

Just curious, when oil requires more energy to extract, refined, and transport what are you going to do with your gasoline/diesel based modes of transport?  Do you feel that Arab countries providing Russia with cheaper oil puts  you in a position of more strength?

I didn't think being responsible for ones home (this planet) was "debatable" ... who decided that?  Why does the OP setup a topic of conflict "environmentalist to chew on" ... do you live on some other planet?  This planet is our home, why would we NOT want to be responsible?  These strange posts ... as if there is A vs. B ... does anyone really believe the environment cares what we "think" or "want to belief"?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

cows and the meat they produce, and soon *many* other things you little people need to stop consuming, is all part of an effort to force the unwashed masses to reduce their consumption to stop you-know-what and "save the planet",

Then you will have to pry the knife and fork out of my dead hands just as I was about to dig into nice rare cut of prime rib.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

8 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

So the $600/mo saving from not having to purchase fuel/diesel for my 3 EVs (all of which were purchased from $19K to 30K over the past 8 years either new or used) is somehow making me "impoverished"? 

Yikes!  You must be driving a heck of a lot to spend that much on gasoline.  I spend about $100 a month on gasoline.  You're likely consuming way more electricity than I am.

Where does your electricity come from?   Most comes from natural gas.

How do you heat your house?

How many materials needed to be mined to build your EVs?  Where did the energy for that mining and production come from?

Come talk to me about your savings when you'll inevitably have to replace your EV batteries.

EVs are fine and I personally like them, but please don't virtue-signal.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

5 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I spend about $100 a month on gasoline. 

I have a Toyota Prius.  I fill up maybe 9 or 10 gallons twice a year.  The car is three years old and I've only put 2500 (no, I didn't miss a zero) miles on it.  Do you think I get a gold star from CO2Neutral for that?

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

54 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

do you live on some other planet?

Only sometimes, CO2Neutral.  You see, as most others here are aware of, I live in Roswell NM.  I was 15 when I came to earth and landed in Roswell.  The one that crashed was our sister ship and designed to crash so you guys could get a little boost in the technology we saw you badly needed after botching the nuclear bomb bit.

I can travel back and forth between my undisclosed planet and this one on a monthly shuttle.  But I don't go back much anymore because I am having so much fun here. 

Noel

• Like 1