Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wiggledog

Attaching Cameras to Non-Aircraft SimObjects

Guest Wiggledog

Is there a way to attach cameras/views to non-aircraft simobjects without creating a mission first.tx.

WD,I haven't looked at anything 'mission' related so I don't know how you attach a camera to other sim objects. You can however define a fixed location by lat,lon, alt and view things from there - or at least yourself in the user a/c. The SDK gives an example of an airport with 4 additional cameras set up. I've placed a fixed location camera in an AC just for testing - easier to adjust the aircraft.cfg than the Cameras.cfg.I don't know if that quite answers the question...What would you want to view with these extra cameras?Loyd

How about this:Recently (Sunday), there was a multiplayer flyin sponsored by www.fs-mp.com replicating the Oshkosh approach. There were lots of people flying in and parking at the field and other satellite fields. I thought it would be cool to be able to create a camera and use something like Wheelcam to "walk" around the field and look at some of the other airplanes and "watch" flybys and landings from the camera view, kind of like Second Life in FSX.I've read the SDK and tried playing with creating cameras, but haven't been successful yet in creating this. I haven't been able to force a particular altitude (i.e. 6' agl). I was able to create a tower view that sort of accomplished the job, but the altitude of the tower created a floor on the altitude of the camera. And it was very cumbersome to move around.***************************As a related issue, under the view menu, you can choose a view that is I think supposed to allow you to set the camera outside an AI or multiplayer aircraft and look at it as if it were your own. But when I choose a plane to look at, it gives me a view of the plane from the interior of my plane (and obviously I can't see it 'cause it's too far away). Is there any key combination I can use to pop the camera so it is looking at the selected object with the selected object as the center, instead of viewing it from my plane.Finally, the list of the AI or multiplayer planes can be quite long. Is there any way to scroll the list so you can see all the planes available to look at?Thanks!Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Thomas,on the movable camera: one of the addons for a previous version (was it traffic view board?) had an "invisible" aircraft... if you were to join multiplayer with this "Aircraft" with your defined cameras you might have something akin to what you're looking for; slew if you can, fly or drive around if you can't.View of AI aircraft: I've never seen them as you describe although it reminds me of the "see own aircraft" option where you see yourself in a spot view but with your own cockpit in the foreground. Except your view sounds more like a tower view of a distant aircraft that is too far away to be displayed. AI have always appeared for me in a normal 'spot' view with the AI as the center. Did you modify the definition of the camera for viewing the AI aircraft and perhaps change something ? some of the key parameters that would probably change how it works are:Origin = CenterTrack = FlatChaseLockedInstancedBased = YesCategory = AirTrafficTargetCategory = ContainerClipMode = SpotThe onscreen AI list (IMO) is too limited to be very useful and the "cycle through all displayed aircraft" method is worse in its own way... If you have deluxe, you need to use TrafficToolbox that is available with the SDK. This gives you a map view or an explorer window on all the tracked AI and the ability to view them arranged by any of the catagories: (id, model, flt#, airline, airport, mode, arr time, dpt time, gate, status etc etc. ) This is/was available in the FS9 SDK also.Hope this helps...Loyd

Guest Wiggledog

Tx,I've managed to add cameras to the orca, and I've dropped him into KSEA airport. What I'd like to do is switch from my aircraft's views to his, but he doesn't show up in the views menu (cockpit, runway, traffic, etc.) when I'm at the airport, and I'm lost as to how to access the camera.I know the camera is there, because if I fly the orca (I've modified the fsx.cfg to allow this), I can see the camera.Any thoughts?