Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Hughes H-1 Racer for MSFS

Timestamps: Introduction - Hughes speech 0:00 HCG Digital Arts Ltd 0:34 Miami races spark Howard's interest 1:17 Hughes assembles a team 2:10 Test day 2:54 Departure 4:20 The Rules 5:03 Seven speed trap passes 5:15 Landing view cameras 7:12 Vintage video 9:10 Three point landing for Hughes 9:14 Even Howard bounces on a landing 9:33 Remastered H-1 photographs 10:05

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

I had the Aerosoft version in FSX. Is it some portover ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

7 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I had the Aerosoft version in FSX. Is it some portover ? 

No portover!
Quote from the developer “100% made by me, i get no enjoyment from porting and using other peoples models even with my freeware!

It is available at Flightsim.to It is $20 CDN

Edited by Doering
  • Like 1

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Thanks ! It is long ago but I still remember it as a beast to fly without  blowing the engine and levers awkward to reach 😄.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks ! It is long ago but I still remember it as a beast to fly without  blowing the engine and levers awkward to reach 😄.

Yes, I had this one in FSX also blazing across the desert out of Palm Springs! Hughes had a lot of stamina in his youth to sit in this beast at 18,000’ hooked up to oxygen for nearly 8 hours flying from Los Angeles to New York. I think it was his last flight in the H-1. He sold it and bought it back. Only 40.5 hours of flight time before going into the Smithsonian.

18 hours ago, Paul K said:

The Aerosoft one was fun, and a challenge!

You certainly need to know your numbers for a reasonable landing. The real deal took many hard landings. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the mains and tail wheel assembly mentioned frequently in the log books!