Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurent

Is anyone using YAGET in FSX?

>Laurentc and Paul,>>I am having the same issue with both the v0.93 and v0.94. The>only thing I can add is that if I right click the actual>network link and hit refresh the position does update in GE.>All the other YAGET features work fine.Mark,As Jim mentioned in this Topic, you may just need to go to Google Earth and select an option to, 'Fly to new Position'. Right click on the Link for FSX in Google Earth and select 'Properties' to find this option. I dont have GE running at the moment (in Linux right now) but you will find it. Sounds like your yaget is working though, ie it is updating the test_track_path.kml file which is what my problem is.Thanks for your reply.Paul

Guest laurent

Hi there all, Mark and Paul,Two more questions and a zipped file with the missing dll while I'm searching for a cause of your problem :- have you tried it without any spyware, firewall and antiviruses enabled ?- can you place yaget in your laptop and launch it from your desktop and verify while an instance of yaget is running in your desktop whether or not the culprit klm file is produced and doing well in your laptop ? I did it yesterday and it worked fine with me ...Cheers,laurentchttp://balloon.flightsims.perso.cegetel.ne.../FsX/MFC42D.zip

>- have you tried it without any spyware, firewall and>antiviruses enabled ?>- can you place yaget in your laptop and launch it from your>desktop and verify while an instance of yaget is running in>your desktop whether or not the culprit klm file is produced>and doing well in your laptop ? I did it yesterday and it>worked fine with me ...Laurentc,I diabled my Firewall, Anti-spam, Antivirus completely and ran yaget but the test_track_path.kml didnt update.I then copied the yaget files over to my laptop, shared out the folder and accessed that share from my Desktop. I could run yaget ok from my Desktop but the track file did not update again. The yaget gui shows the aircraft speed, changing location etc but doesnt update the kml file on the laptop (Win XP Home).I also ran the yaget debug exe with the mfc42d.dll you provided but receive another error about not having msvcrtd.dll.Thanks for trying anyway.Paul

Guest laurent

Hum ... I definitely need to see your debug report to see what's going on ...Here the missing dll together with the msvcrt.dll for the release version : verify you've it in the W system folder or simply copy and past it NEXT the yaget exe (and remove it when you're finished with your tests). Being next to the exe it is used instead any other dll elsewhere in the disk.http://balloon.flightsims.perso.cegetel.ne.../FsX/MSVCRT.zip

>Hum ... I definitely need to see your debug report to see>what's going on ...>>Here the missing dll together with the msvcrt.dll for the>release version : verify you've it in the W system folder or>simply copy and past it NEXT the yaget exe (and remove it when>you're finished with your tests). Being next to the exe it is>used instead any other dll elsewhere in the disk.>Sorry to say this, but I put the dll files in the folder with the yaget exe and other yaget files and when I execute yaget debug exe there is another dependency file missing, this time its msvcp60d.dllPaul

Guest laurent

Yes, I should have known ... well right now it's a bit too late for me and I must leave to work, but asap I will post the rest of the dll needed, let's say this late afternoon GMT. The main goal is to get a debug file in the first place, then to make some mods in the exe and see if those changes are compatible with you. So you see there's still a lot to do. Sorry for that.Cheers,laurentc

Guest laurent

.../... BTW : I would suggets we continue this thread in a private mode until we have get through the trial and error process and a solution can be proposed to those having (if any ?) the same problem.Please email me (readme.txt : subject "yaget" for spam) and we shall continue with the files sharing and tests. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175718.zip

Tracking not working here, file is not being updated, the data on the screen updates but not the position in GE, just the 1st position is correct ?

Guest laurent

Hi there all,I'm sure they do, thanks for pointing them out (FSXGet and MyFSGoogleEarth). We could have also mentioned FS Earth which rocks too. I've found that way of exploring the planet (slow ga + fsx landscape view + ge satellite images) a very interesting and addictive way of practicing my hobby.That's why I proposed here a simple way to connect those huge CPU consumers in a way where GE would have the lesser footprint on the whole.Any version you choose to use it's irrilevant (it depends of your taste and goals) what really matters it's that you are able to use those wonderful applications together and discover a very appealling way of flying ... All the best,laurentc