Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

Ver. 1.5 installation

Good news, however now I havent P3D on my disc even ;). Any news about progress of MSFS version?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I bought the B314 Pro today and wanted to install the aircraft. Unfortunately I can't handle it at all. I downloaded the file and then ran the PILOTS.Setup.exe. 
But then it tells me "The setup could not find the installation path automatically. 
Please enter it now". What should I indicate there? When I select a folder I get the message "The specified directory is not the root directory of Prepar3D v5!"....

How do I even install this? I only have Windows Defender running.

I'm not sure why you're having trouble installing the B314 Pro.

I would recommend the following:

Create a temporary folder, something like C:\b314temp.
Create a Windows Defender exclusion for that folder.
Download the B314 Pro ZIP file again and copy or move it to the C:\b314temp folder.
Now unzip the B314 Pro ZIP file into the temporary folder and run the PILOTS.Setup.exe to install.

Please let me know if that now works for you.

Jerome

• Like 1

When a file is downloaded from the internet Windows will often mark it as "blocked", this is due to Windows seeing the internet zone as untrusted.

Blocked files in turn can often affect how Windows sees and allows the files to be interacted with and therefore it is good practice to check and unblock if required.

Right click on the archive, select "Properties" and in the General tab on the bottom right will be a checkbox labeled as unblock, if there is no checkbox the file has not been marked as blocked.

Unblock the archive and then extract out the archive contents.

If the archive is not unblocked as a first step all the extracted files will also be marked as blocked.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D