Sign in to follow this  
Guest mluo

Does iFly 747-400 work in FSX?

Just wondering has anyone installed the iFly 747-400 (FS9) in FSX and what are their experiences. Didn't want to go through hassle of installing if there are major problems/FS98 gauges etc.Cheers,Stuart Hyett

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I tried - didn't work for me. Everything installed however I had to move the aircraft folder into simObject folder. The planes can load up however I had trouble with the main cockpit that had like throttle handles in the main gauges. The outside model view were great and the VC looked and operated just about as normal. All switches were clickable and etc. FSX didn't even hiccup which is more than I can say for the Wilco/Feelthere Citation X, which I cannot run on my system.Also when I asked this same question about a week ago, someone replied "try it out and let us know."WilbertAbit AW9D-MaxThermaltake W0106 700W PSUIntel QX6700 QuadcoreVista Ultimate 644x1G Ballistix Tracer (PC2 8000)2x150GB SATA WD Raptor - Non Raid2x320GB SATA WD SE16 - Non Raid2x IDE Light-On DVDRW 165H65BFG 8800GTX OC2 768MB 626MHz Core Clock3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case FansDanger Den Water CoolingEnermax temp/fan controller

Guest pakket

I tried it with the latest service pack 3 and there are still black PFD and NAV displays, only the throttle handles in the displays are gone. There are also some strange graphic errors on the main panel.There are no sounds. I'am still waiting for the PMDG 747 update but it takes a outragious long time to do a beta test on a 747 that only needs a upgrade to FSX.best regards, Martijn

Guest mluo

It mostly won't work in FSX, because iFly uses platform specified FSUIPC.

Guest pakket

Is there a way to modify the FSUIPC to the version 4 That is used in FSX?Best regards, Martijn

Guest mluo

I don't think you can modify FSUIPC (legally). The version of FSUIPC used on iFly 747-400 for FS04 was exclusively licensed.

The 747-400 worked perfectly for me in FSX. At the moment it doesn't have SIDs and STARs so I'm thinking of going back to the 2004 version which does.Does anyone know where I can get SIDs and STARS for the FSX version of the 747-400? That would be nice. Even without them I've enjoyed the airplane- never having flown an airplane with an FMS before. Very nice.Russ

>Just wondering has anyone installed the iFly 747-400 (FS9) in>FSX and what are their experiences. Didn't want to go through>hassle of installing if there are major problems/FS98 gaugesThere is a FSX version which works although does appear to have a few bugs with the FMC but otherwise very good. Also trim is too responsive. 1 notch sends it all over the place.

Hi there,Works fine on FSX for me. However as said elsewhere I cannot use any terminal procedures. I am trying to convert the FS 2004 terminal procedures to make them work. If and when I succeed I'll let you know.Michael

Guest HerbertK

>The 747-400 worked perfectly for me in FSX. At the moment it>doesn't have SIDs and STARs so I'm thinking of going back to>the 2004 version which does.>>Does anyone know where I can get SIDs and STARS for the FSX>version of the 747-400? That would be nice. Even without>them I've enjoyed the airplane- never having flown an airplane>with an FMS before. Very nice.>>Russ I couldn't find any, so I started writing some SIDS for myhome airport (LFPO) and it worked. I could send them tothose who are interested. Call me on SKYPE (Wingman6)Herbert

I have flown the iFly 747-400 in FSX many times. Most of the time it works perfectly, but...I have had some problems that have shown up during approaches:1 - ILS approach: LOC and/or GS would not hold. Had to select the a/c again to clear the problem2 - Approach Go-Around: change to Speed or Altitude would not hold. E.g. the a/c would climb at a high VS even though it was set to a negative value or the Alt Hold was on. Had to reselect the a/c to clear the problem.Note: you must have the SIMM in the FMC set to "State of last exit" for "Select next startup state". Or at least "Normal State" to be able to recover.I have never had any problems during taxiing, takeoff or cruising. LNAV and VNAV work quite well with the flight plan in the FMC.I don't use STARS or SIDs. I use ATC (with FS flight plan) until after takeoff. Then FMC takes over. For approach I let ATC vector me to the runway - LNVV and VNAV are turned OFF.I am running FSX with SP2, 3gb DDR2 RAM, nVidea 8800 GTX with 768mb RAM.Bill