Sign in to follow this  
Henno196

Same aircraft, different liveries using different G1000s.

Hello all.

I have installed several liveries for my Baron G58, however most of them use the WT G1000 but a few of them use the 'vanilla' G1000. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm thinking there might be a line of config text somewhere that links the texture to the model and it's not quite right, I'll keep diving through but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, H

Edited by Henno196

SOLVED!

Okay so I solved this, sorry I've answered my own question and wasted internet space however this could serve as a guide for anyone else that has this issue, or anyone that creates liveries, so I suppose it still has a purpose! 

Basically, I found the affected folders for the liveries and found that they had a panel folder, open that and then open the panel cfg and you should see something like this;

[VCockpit01]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_PFD_1
background_color=42,42,40
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS1000/PFD/AS1000_PFD.html, 0,0,1024,768

[VCockpit02]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_PFD_2
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/AS1000/MFD/AS1000_MFD.html, 0,0,1024,768

Then I found my Asobo G58 folder, opened it up and opened the panel folder and panel cfg and found this;

[VCockpit01]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_PFD_1
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/WTG1000/PFD/WTG1000_PFD.html, 0,0,1024,768

[VCockpit02]
size_mm=1024,768
pixel_size=1024,768
texture=$AS1000_PFD_2
htmlgauge00=NavSystems/WTG1000/MFD/WTG1000_MFD.html, 0,0,1024,768

See those highlighted lines, how the affected is the AS1000 and the one we want is WTG1000? Simply copy the WTG1000 PFD and MFD lines over the AS1000 lines and it will work.

Hopefully this helps anyone else that has this issue, cfg diving can be a bit daunting if you don't know what you're looking for. 

Thanks, H

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Henno196 said:

SOLVED!

Okay so I solved this, sorry I've answered my own question and wasted internet space...

It's not a waste Henno, and well done with the solution!  You can bet other people will have the problem and be looking for the answer.

The only waste is when people find the answer but don't report back.  

Welcome to the forms by the way.  Looks like you will be useful!  :smile:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, Henno196 said:

I'll keep diving through but any help would be appreciated.

Well done to find a fix!  I believe that if you have both WT G1000 mods installed, one of them will actually do the translation for you..  I wonder if you possibly only have one of them in the Official folder..

• Like 1

Bert

31 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Well done to find a fix!  I believe that if you have both WT G1000 mods installed, one of them will actually do the translation for you..  I wonder if you possibly only have one of them in the Official folder..

Yes you are right as usual Bert. Both of them installed is the correct way. 

It isn't very intuitive for people, and unless they get to read the official communications on the official forums, they never get to know.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Thanks guys, if it helps just one person who isn't confident with cfg modifying or know what to look for, then I've done my job. I've also got a really good tip for modifying camera cfgs to set up default pilot viewpoints but I'll have to see if there's a tips section I can post in 👍

• Like 1

Yes please Henno.  There is a tips and tricks section.  I have to used a lot of Archers camera files from flightsim.to, but it would be good to have a look at your tips.

Edited by bobcat999

On 12/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, bobcat999 said:

Yes please Henno.  There is a tips and tricks section.  I have to used a lot of Archers camera files from flightsim.to, but it would be good to have a look at your tips.

I have uploaded some instructions for my method, not sure if it'll be approved and on there yet though.

• Like 1