Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Constant CTD since last update

I'm using WT530 and since last update I have CTD none stop. CTD happens in different aircraft and at different location. Not sure what causing it but I suspect WT 530 avionics. I tried to uninstall PMS530/750 thinking they could be in conflict but CTD didn't stop. Does anyone else experience anything like that?

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    MoAppCrash
Package Full Name:    Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name:    praid:App
Application Version:    1.29.30.0
Application Timestamp:    00000000
Fault Module Name:    FlightSimulator.exe
Fault Module Version:    1.29.30.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0000000004905cd0
OS Version:    10.0.22621.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    9b93
Additional Information 2:    9b93314ca7600553ae34871ded738359
Additional Information 3:    2687
Additional Information 4:    268758969301e3d162030940af0a32f2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Join the club, some of us have this problem and many don't is seems...😐

I found the CTD's to be tied to the Asobo connection problem with their servers.  After the update it really adversely affects the default ATC engine.  If you use the default flight planner you can rest assured soon after takeoff your ATC engine will slowly shut down.  In some cased you stop hearing voices or a complete silence of all ATC communication.  After that CTD at some point in flight.

The way to limit CTD's is on longer flight restart FS if you've flown a short route beforehand.  Never use back-to-back flights on a longer planned route.  Don't use the default flight planner at all.  Plot your courses in the G3000 or whatever else you have in the plane.  Use ATC only for ATIS, clearance to taxi to the active, and arrival clearance.  This allowed me to use the sim until hopefully a fix is produced with the next sim update in February 2023.

What sticks out to me with this problem is it exposes how most are using the sim.  Apparently most don't use the default planner and ATC else you'd hear more complaints about this.😶  Even the official forums are silent about this problem.  In sims past many would have been screaming about this by now.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Try deleting your scenery indexes. That's stopped many CTDs after releases (or switching between DX11 and DX12) for me.

C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Try deleting your scenery indexes. That's stopped many CTDs after releases (or switching between DX11 and DX12) for me.

C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat

Someone has to let me know if this works.  A little gun shy on this end but I've tried everything else.

FS2020 

7 minutes ago, Dillon said:

If you use the default flight planner you can rest assured soon after takeoff your ATC engine will slowly shut down.

Just finished a flight using the default flight planner and ATC without any problem, yesterday another 2 flights. Don't know why you assume that because you have a problem other people must have it too.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I had CTD after the new update because one of my scenery airports were corrupted, so I reinstalled and it fixed it

You can also try to delete the rolling cache (General Option->DATA).

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Someone has to let me know if this works.  A little gun shy on this end but I've tried everything else.

Just move all of the .dat files to a different folder and try it. If anything bad (well, worse than your CTD's) happens, just put them back. There will be new ones in there as soon you start up the sim anyway so if you want to put the old ones back in, you'd needs to delete the new replacements first.

• Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Just finished a flight using the default flight planner and ATC without any problem, yesterday another 2 flights. Don't know why you assume that because you have a problem other people must have it too.

Because this is a one size fits all sim (or it's supposed to be).:wacko:  Usually we are all on the same page and see similar results... This one is puzzling because more than ever before many of us are seeing different things with SU11.  SU10 was more stable across the board for most of us.

FS2020 

58 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

You can also try to delete the rolling cache (General Option->DATA).

Tried that... My problems for the most part are gone after doing what I suggested above.  I was just trying to help the original poster out.

FS2020 

Yup, I'm constantly getting CTD too (see topic below). Seems to happen soon after I start my descent. I'll try removing the .dat files (above) and see if it helps.

I don't use ATC at all for airline flights.. I simulate PF job and handle everything else.. I leave the radios and checklists to my FO as per the SOP in many companies.. 

The only time I have dabbled with ATC is when I fly IFR GA (like C414 or TBM) where the PF usually handles both radios and does the actual flying.. (granted there can be a second pilot for the more complex GA).. This is assuming I fly between 2 towered airports (blue on the map) and not the non-towered ones (pink on the map).. if its a pink airport, then its only UNICOM and you're talking to yourself most of the time.. unless you fly in a network like PE or VATSIM where you can actually talk to other simmers.. 

ANyway, to @Dillon's point, many might be simulating PF job on an airline and might bypass radios altogether.. my weakest area as a simmer is radio comms and cross wind landings.. its on my simmer bucket list for sure..

Edited by vin747

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

This is currently my 7th attempt  today to start MSFS and fly a bit for a change. 

Three times it CTDd even before reaching the world map, the other three times it crashed shortly after "fly now". Every time it is a clr.dll fault, meaning something really deep inside. All addons and programmatic modules have been disabled. 
When I make it to the cockpit once in a while, the sim will inevitably shut down after 20 minutes of flight. Sometimes it is better, sometimes it is worse, but the 20 minutes limit is always there somehow. 

I had the same problem on the computer before this one, so I have to assume that it might be my USB peripherals (I often hear the Windows connect/disconnect sounds near when the sim is about to crash). I wish that I could turn the entire controller detection logic off in MSFS, like you can in P3D/FSX...

Edit - and the 8th attempt failed as well. Made it to the cockpit, set up the flight (default Baron 58, VFR from LIEO to LIEE) - and when I was on the take off run everything stopped and MSFS shut down. So that's it for today.

(sorry for the rant. I know that it serves no purpose - but these issues have become so bad lately that I had to get it out of my system...).

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

(sorry for the rant. I know that it serves no purpose - but these issues have become so bad lately that I had to get it out of my system...).

😬 That sounds terrible and is a completely justifiable rant!

Have you set your USB power management in Windows to maximum / never sleep? Are your USB ports and peripherals all working fully? Your MSFS crashes might not be solely related to USB issues, but we know the sim is sensitive to them. Anything to reduce the chance of a CTD is useful.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

@Lorby_SI I am actually surprised that devs get time to fly for fun/leisure like the rest of us,  and not just for beta testing your addons.. 😄

anyway, hope your CTD issue resolves itself soon.. I had recurrent CTDs too, turns out it was HAGS set to ON.. so disabled it and has been fine since then.. only 2 good flights so far.. fingers crossed... 

ya I know that ping windows sound which used to play when my old logitech attack 3 joystick was connected.. threw it out and replaced with a newer joystick and that problem went away.. good luck!

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

I also have a lot of issues in su11, sometimes CTD, sometimes the g3000 just freeze, sometimes the mouse just start to lag and is uncontrollable, ATC stops responding etc etc. SU 11 has been the most unstable update on my end...

• Like 2