Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Default Flight

Hi Guys,

Silly question time...

For some reason my flights are no longer starting Cold n Dark.

How do I get back into that state on start up...??

Which aircraft?

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

All of them...whichever I choose to fly always now starts with some systems running...

On shutting down I go to Cold n dark and save as a default flight...Only to see no cold n dark when i use it again...strange..

I have tried using the default start up plane (f35a) but struggle to find the switches to shut everything down and then save so use a different plane to no avail..

maybe the key is to shut the F35 down if anyone can help on where the switches are...

7 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

maybe the key is to shut the F35 down if anyone can help on where the switches are...

I use the Cub as the default flight - much easier to shutdown and switch everything off.

Thanks simfan but have tried with a Carenado aircraft, shut down to Cold n dark and save but is running on next start up...strange..

Are you running P3D with administrator permissions?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Pretty sure I am Ray, not touched or looked at that for a few years but will now check...

I assume I have to check that I do wand administrator.

12 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Thanks simfan but have tried with a Carenado aircraft, shut down to Cold n dark and save but is running on next start up...strange..

You should always use a default aircraft as default - the Piper Cub is the best IMO. You can cut throttle, fuel, mixture and save as default and you shouldn't have any issues going forward.

thanks simfan, I will try that as I was trying to shut down the F35 but getting nowhere as I could not find all the switches, even though I spent ages panning round in Track IR.

Good job I'm not a fighter pilot on a scamble lol..

25 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Pretty sure I am Ray, not touched or looked at that for a few years but will now check...

I assume I have to check that I do wand administrator.

If you’re using a desktop shortcut check properties, Advanced. The option is in there. Strange things can happen when saving without admin privileges.

Make sure the scenario you’ve saved is in the Documents \LM\Prepar3Dv5 folder and that entry exists in Prepar3D.cfg as the startup scenario.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather