Hmmm ... interesting

P3D V6 accidentally leaked

Lockheed Martin using the Unreal Engine 5

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/lockheed-martin-unreal-engine-p3d-prepar3d

BlackShark.ai available to all as a plugin to all

https://blackshark.ai/market/

P3D already supports CIGI ... act as a host for blackshark.ai for IG 

spacer.png

I really like BlackShark.ai in MSFS, sure it has a few issues (melted buildings) but overall the technology was excellent.  Bringing this to other simulator platform like P3D (or maybe even XP12) would be great news.

• Like 1

Thank you, but nothing more than we already knew, too bad.

Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

2 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

Hmmm ... interesting

P3D V6 accidentally leaked

Lockheed Martin using the Unreal Engine 5

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/lockheed-martin-unreal-engine-p3d-prepar3d

BlackShark.ai available to all as a plugin to all

https://blackshark.ai/market/

P3D already supports CIGI ... act as a host for blackshark.ai for IG 

spacer.png

I really like BlackShark.ai in MSFS, sure it has a few issues (melted buildings) but overall the technology was excellent.  Bringing this to other simulator platform like P3D (or maybe even XP12) would be great news.

Hasn't this been discussed for some time here

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Think they, just like with the ESP-platform, buys into the NOR platform, which was the UE engine footage we saw 

Though I doubt that's V6, probably "V7" or who knows, a completely new branch / naming scheme to separate themselves from the Prepar3D name and the underlying engine. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Melting buildings is not a BlackShark AI, it’s the photogrammetry. When I use the other simulator and leave photogrammetry off it’s nice genéreles 3D models overlayed the data lite data with OSM data, Blackshark AI basically then uses its algorithms to accurately match the color, type and placement of the building, ensuring that all of the roads, forest are not randomly populated with houses like we had in FS9/FSX/P3D. 

• Like 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Whilst I have hundreds, probably thousands invested in the current Prepar3d if v6 then comes out and I have to start again, so be it as it looks amazing and sometimes you have to go back (to the beginning) to then go forward.

28 minutes ago, simbol said:

and what warranties P3D V6 is actually using UE5? you guys jumping into conclusions without any facts.. :wink:

Given the recent statement from LM about not planning to break compatibility with their existing stuff, it's almost certainly just wishful thinking and the UE stuff Lockheed is working on is for one of their military sim platforms and not for P3D. Though the potential of a UE + Blackshark based image generator fed by P3D via CIGI would be undeniable. 

• Like 2

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

19 minutes ago, simbol said:

The funny thing is, Blackshark.ai is already in use by another flight sim platform at the moment....

S.

Doesn't seem like that agreement is exclusive, though. Their generated world product for Unreal Engine uses different source maps and ground textures, of course, but the output looks very similar to that other flight sim platform. If someone were to write a CIGI image generator based on the Blackshark world simulation that you could connect a CIGI-compliant simulator to, you could in theory achieve very similar results to that other sim. Right?

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

2 hours ago, simbol said:

and what warranties P3D V6 is actually using UE5? you guys jumping into conclusions without any facts.. :wink:

This is probably the very best post on the subject to date. I am pretty sure that LM is not going to change their way of doing business in the sim world over night just to compete with pretty scenery of a gaming company. That sort of thing will happen over time I am sure. Lol I am 75 YO and I am pretty sure that this “announcement” is not likely to have much of an effect over my remaining days of simming.

• Like 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

4 hours ago, simbol said:

you guys jumping into conclusions without any facts.. :wink:

Steady now simbol 😉, while I agree 100%, I had a post pulled recently, saying the exact same.

Edited by Sparkrite

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Jumping into speculation... But there is no conclusive evidence that LM won't release a version of P3D using UE either, is there? 😉

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, kevinfirth said:

But there is no conclusive evidence

That the Sun will rise tomorrow!

In my opinion, the only way there will a v6 is if MSFS falls flat on its face. One scenario is that after a few thousand more people are using it, the servers will be so overloaded with Xbox kids, that the sim will be unusable. Even now, people are being switched to the offline mode. Also, when's the last time you saw any v5 scenery updates from Orbx, Flight Beam, Imaginesim, or any of the other big-name developers? It has basically come to a screeching halt. If you like v5, I would suggest enjoying it because I honestly believe it's the last version. Even if v6 does materialize, I'm not going to shell out another $200+ for something that will probably be ignored by the developers. Again, just an opinion, so no stupid comments please. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pete Locascio