Sign in to follow this  
TangoSierraMike

Recommendation?

I've been reading through the forum and have watch 3 or 4 videos on youtube now and I can see the value in Pilot2ATC especially for practicing using the radio in a non-VATSIM sort of environment and for improving the voices and chatter of ATC. I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the quality of this product in terms of does it give better ATC control in MSFS? I've noticed before in MSFS that sometimes the ATC is late in giving me clearance to decend from cruise - forcing a steep decent into approach/final it also seems at times to give strange take off and landing runway assignments compared to what METAR for the airport is (I use live weather all the time).

So I'm wondering if P2ATC will give me a more immersive experience, but also will it react to live weather changes and just better ATC before I buy....

Thanks in advance

Tom McDonald

I have used X plane ATC and MSFS ATC.   Pilot2ATC is an excellent training application that I can't give a higher recommendation as it is the best.  Definitely worth your time to take the 10 days trial.

It is certainly a steep learning curve mostly on the installation and setup and if your PC is on the weaker side may have issues but free trial is just that and I don't believe it is disabled in any way other than 10 days.

I knew nothing about how to interact with ATC then and I am not sure I am any braver to try Vatsim etc but Pilot2ATC provides the assistance of ATC that I require.  I have used for probably almost 5 years now and never regretted my decision.

I run P3DV5 rather than MSFS so can't comment on that aspect. But I wouldn't dream of going back to P3D without Pilot2ATC. It's a far more immersive experience with it, although you must be prepared to go through a steep learning curve in order to get the best out of it. I would say the leaning is on a par with a study-level aircraft. Perhaps its best feature of all is the first-class support Dave provides.

Edited by ang58
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1