Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

MSFS is now 10 million players strong

5 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Are you new here? I would say the entire point of moderators would be to cull posters whose sole objective is to derail threads? 

I don't post very often but look at my join date, bud. And I disagree with him derailing the topic. Others commented on the numbers being somewhat unreliable as well. No harm there. So ya, just ignore him and don't run to the teacher. The mods will get it done on their own, if need be. Get a grip.

• Upvote 1

At this point this is more a thread of whether you should ignore others or not vs the original topic. 

So how about them 10,000,000 users? 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

20 minutes ago, Bigt said:

I don't post very often but look at my join date, bud. And I disagree with him derailing the topic. Others commented on the numbers being somewhat unreliable as well. No harm there. So ya, just ignore him and don't run to the teacher. The mods will get it done on their own, if need be. Get a grip.

You don’t even realize a lot of posts were deleted because a lot of people got angry. The thread was “cleaned” up. You are seeing the cleaned up version of the thread.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

10 million people having at least tried MSFS is huge.  Of course that's not MAUs - 10 million MAUs would make it one of the more popular 'games' in the world.  But 10 million people trying a flight sim in two years is a huge amount of reach for a hobby that usually goes pretty unnoticed by the mainstream.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

You don’t even realize a lot of posts were deleted because a lot of people got angry. The thread was “cleaned” up. You are seeing the cleaned up version of the thread.

Weird, I thought I was watching this thread from the beginning and paying pretty close attention...how do you know what I did or did not see? My point stands...engage with him or don't/ignore him but don't run to the mods. It looks childish. I won't derail this topic any further.

31 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Nothing wrong with my grip, 'bud'. 

I was merely pointing out how the gentleman in question begun his involvement in the thread. Key word here is 'begun'. Pray tell, what is the purpose of forum moderators if not clamping down on obvious provocations? 

• Like 4

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Double post. How quaint.

Edited by Swe_Richard

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

10 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Weird, I thought I was watching this thread from the beginning and paying pretty close attention...how do you know what I did or did not see? My point stands...engage with him or don't/ignore him but don't run to the mods. It looks childish. I won't derail this topic any further.

I didn't run to the mods in this thread. Ray took action without me. I just saw the mess and a lot of heated posts that were deleted.

Your opinion that mods shouldn’t be called when literal swears were being thrown is downright silly. Some of the posts that were deleted included people swearing at the “derailer.” I actually sympathized with those that were swearing at the derailer because it’s a repeating behavior of this derailer. Having said that, when people start swearing at other people in a thread, mods should be called in. Those posts involving swearing were deleted, that’s why you see a cleaned up version of this thread,

Your suggestion is equivalent to if people are shooting each other with guns  on the street, we shouldn’t call the cops. SMH.

Edited by abrams_tank

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I did run to the mods in this thread. Ray took action without me. I just saw the mess and a lot of heated posts that were deleted.

Your opinion that mods shouldn’t be called when literal swears were being thrown is downright silly. Some of the posts that were deleted included people swearing at the “derailer.” I actually sympathized with those that were swearing at the derailer because it’s a repeating behavior. Having said that, when people start swearing at other people in a thread, mods should be called in. Those posts involving swearing were deleted, that’s why you see a cleaned up version of this thread,

Your suggestion is equivalent to if people are shooting each other with guns  on the street, we shouldn’t call the cops. SMH.

Comparing words and the ability to ignore them on an INTERNET FORUM with shootings.....just stop it. Send me a pm if you want to discuss further as this is going off topic...and yes, that was my fault.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bigt said:

Comparing words and the ability to ignore them on an INTERNET FORUM with shootings.....just stop it. Send me a pm if you want to discuss further as this is going off topic...and yes, that was my fault.

When people start swearing at each other, isn’t it time to call the mods?

(and like I said, I didn’t call the mods in this thread, Ray took action on his own)

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

10 million people having at least tried MSFS is huge.

If the title of the thread was something along these lines, a lot of this sim-rage could have been avoided😅

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

10 million people having at least tried MSFS is huge.  Of course that's not MAUs - 10 million MAUs would make it one of the more popular 'games' in the world.  But 10 million people trying a flight sim in two years is a huge amount of reach for a hobby that usually goes pretty unnoticed by the mainstream.

Suprising to me more did not get a fs before but interesting to see these numbers going higher. 

6 hours ago, blingthinger said:

And you retain the blithe comments about mental illness? I would think that any comments along those lines would get removed, no? ALL of them. Regardless of the forum.

I'm not the one being disrespectful to people. I won't hesitate to laugh at products, but isn't that part of any review process? Nor am I trumpeting other products here. This has been purely fs2020 talk. Along with personal insults aimed directly at me.

I've not been the only one commenting about the 'hot air' of 10 million. Nor will I ignore false accusations and misrepresentations of things I've said.

You just won't let it go will you? Kind of proving my point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swe_Richard said:

Literally your first post in this topic was about drunk people more or less by happenstance trying out MSFS and thereby inflating the numbers making the topic 'garbage for any real simmer'.

Which I then explained as an incredibly popular legal activity worldwide, and is therefore 100% plausible as a concern for any statistics-gathering activity. Especially when the sample size is 10 million. Futhermore, there's been zero attempt at discrediting my observation. None. Rude? Yeah, science can seem like that sometimes.

There's no question that the vast majority of that head count is from xbox. Those users are not entering credit card info and are just clicking a single button on their controller. 'Happenstance' is a bit too accidental, which is why I said 'bored'. Streaming ortho is old news now. It's been old for a decade or more.

So, warm fuzzies for advertising the hobby to new users. Hopefully at least some of them stick. The 3rd party devs certainly deserve what comes of it.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

10 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

So, warm fuzzies for advertising the hobby to new users. Hopefully at least some of them stick. The 3rd party devs certainly deserve what comes of it.

It's entertaining and actually even a little sad to see you get so worked up, over "marketing". It's as if your actual feelings have been hurt and you just can't comprehend how a business would use a metric to drum up their success. We get it, you like X-Plane and thats totally cool that you prefer a platform that looks and feels like it's still stuck back in 2006, but don't come onto the MSFS forum and rain on our parade. Most of us love the MSFS platform and love that it is continually updated and gets better and better every month. But, you're over here having a no-good-very-bad day just because a company used data for marketing purposes. Yikes. 

• Like 8