Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave65

FScene4 X anyone try this yet?

Guest Dave65

I have been thinking of getting this,wondering if anyone has tryed it yet?Thanks

Can't see much difference from the screenshots really.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest danny68

It's a backward step not a forward one. It uses lower quality textuers than the default textures supplied by FSX. No reason at all to use this IMO.Dan

Guest SSmokin

>It's a backward step not a forward one. It uses lower quality>textuers than the default textures supplied by FSX. No reason>at all to use this IMO.>>DanJust what I was gonna say. If you buy it, you'll basically be going back to FS9 type textures. Looks horrible to me. Looks like they just intigrated the old version into FSX, that's called lazy and uncreative.

They were horrible for FS9, not to mention overpriced in the extreme. He brings them out season by season and then to try and sponge even more money he then brings them out more-or-less country by country. I still can't comprehend how the creator sees those textures as looking realistic. Makes the whole world look like Hawaii. And now he's just lumping the same sorry textures into a zip file and renaming the file 'FSX textures'. :-lol And Simmarket obviously don't give a toss, as we all know they'll sell any old tripe.

>They were horrible for FS9, not to mention overpriced in the>extreme.Seems like not everybody disliked them in 2005 avsim gave it 4 out of 5 stars.http://www.avsim.com/pages/1005/Fscene/Fscene.htmFlightsim.com praised these packages in 2006 and gave it an innovation award.http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/re...ne4/fscene4.htmThe fact that you and I didn't like it doesn't automaticaly mean that the whole FS community shares our opinion.I think this package has had its day and competing products (Birdseye view and Ultimate Enviroment) improved the original concept. But I don't think those 2 competitors would have been on the market without FScene and its old outragious prices.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Dave65

Ok guys thanks for the info..