Sign in to follow this  
adino

custom Model matching

Hi Kiek,

Hartelijk dank for this wonderful tool.

Question is it possible to tweak the model matching with PSXT manually without loosing the changes evetime we update? like a custom separate file that it reads besides the info\InlineRegcodes.txt.

For instance I manage to get my hands on a AIG Falcon 7X model for MSFS but for some reason PSXT was unable to scan it or match it correctly. I want to manually match this model with Falcon 50 model (FA50/F50X) however everytime I update the program I have to edit this line again.

12 minutes ago, adino said:

Hartelijk dank for this wonderful tool.

Dank je wel!

like a custom separate file that it reads besides the info\InlineRegcodes.txt.

? that file is not read, but it is the output of reading the registration codes defined in the [fltsim.x] sections ...

For instance I manage to get my hands on a AIG Falcon 7X model for MSFS but for some reason PSXT was unable to scan it or match it correctly

What exactly do you mean? Do you not see it in PSXT_MSFS\liveries\AI_liveries.xml?

however everytime I update the program I have to edit this line again.

Wat line in what file are you referring to?

Edited by kiek

3 minutes ago, kiek said:

What exactly do you mean? Do you not see it in PSXT_MSFS\liveries\AI_liveries.xml?

Wat line in what file are you referring to?

Yes, the AI_liveries.xml, when I leave the matching to PSXT it will put another jet (looks like challenger) instead of the AIG falcon jet .

so I change the line in this file to match any Falcon 50 or any other falcon jet with the AIG Falcon 7x model and then it did match it correctly but after I did the latest update the line was gone and replaced again by PSXT own matching.

1 hour ago, adino said:

so I change the line in this file to match any Falcon 50 or any other falcon jet with the AIG Falcon 7x model and then it did match it correctly but after I did the latest update the line was gone and replaced again by PSXT own matching.

To be more precise, that file is not about matching but simply the set of liveries PSXT has found from which it will do the matching later on.

and, see the Manual section  5.1: 

(note that this is a file for computer-computer communication, do not make changes in it)

that's why your changes will be overwritten each time it does a new Liveries scan.

You/we better find another solution to your problem, for instance why is that Falcon livery not detected? have you checked the error and info messages in \info and  \errors?

Edited by kiek

Thank you for the feedback let me check the logs when Im back home, altough I think it is detecting the models during scanning however it is matching them incorrectly....I will check and report back

you were right I found the couple errors in the error folder, thanks for the hint.

icao_type_designator was not correct in the aircraft.cfg files.

Now I still need to check it will match all falcons with this model or only the specific icao_type_designator models

4 hours ago, adino said:

Now I still need to check it will match all falcons with this model or only the specific icao_type_designator models

That depends whether they are defined as similar types in data\dbase.xml. At the moment it is defined as:

<similar types="CL30,E545,E550,F2TH,F900,FA10,FA20,FA50,FA5X,FA7X,FA8X,G150,G222,G250,G280,GALX" />

I guess it will work, if not we have to split this line in two parts.

Edited by kiek

It did not it put a CL30 model instead...I had both both ELT and PSXT on to make the comparison and ELT was showing the correct model and PSXT not.

Was going to make a shot for you to illustrate when just then the transponder went off puff both disappeared😄

"I guess it will work, if not we have to split this line in two parts"- How do I go about that for sake of testing?

like this -->    <similar types="FA50,FA5X,FA7X,FA8X" />  ? is the dbase.xml also replaced during updates?

1 minute ago, adino said:

like this -->    <similar types="FA50,FA5X,FA7X,FA8X" />  ? is the dbase.xml also replaced during updates?

Yes it will, but in the next version I will have it splitted

(and don't for get to remove these 4 FA types from the other line)

do it like this:

<similar types="CL30,E545,E550,F2TH,F900,FA10,FA20,G150,G222,G250,G280,GALX" />
    <similar types="FA5X,FA7X,FA8X" />

FA50 is a fighter aircraft, is not similar

• Like 1