Sign in to follow this  
Butch1

B314 radio room lights

I have the latest V1.5 and addons installed in P3D V5. How is that adjustable swan neck lamp turned on/off spacer.pngso as to illuminate the radio receivers?

Also, what extra liveries were added with the addons package. I see that a sky lounge livery was added.

Look directly opposite where you have drawn the arrow. The switch is on the wall forward of the window.

New liveries are with the -A version. Those liveries provided with the B-314 were the only ones ever worn, although throughout their lifetime there were always minor variations e.g. Yankee Clipper sometimes shows up with black engine stripes on the wings and sometimes without them. By the accounts that I have been able to find, it depended on what paint was available at overhaul.

Sky Lounge has always been there.

Thanks for showing me where to find the switch. Now it looks like the switch on/off is producing opposite results.

(Bass ackwards.)

spacer.png

spacer.png.

Edited by Butch1

No. That's just the PBR reflections making it appear that way. The light also doesn't work in daylight hours.

So in reality the radio room "light" switch is non functional and it appears to be turning on a PBR reflection correct?

I asked Steve about this earlier and he told me to find the radios ops light switch (which I did);

Now in comparison of the radio room in my sim and the picture from the manual, the manual picture looks brighter.

This pic is in my sim.

spacer.png.

This is from the manual - Looks brighter like maybe a light is on? spacer.png

You are comparing the VC in the sim to a screenshot of the 2D panel. As the lighting on the 2D is static i.e. it's what I painted there, it willl always look different from the VC. In the sim with the VC active, go to the Prepar3D menu | World | Time and Season and drag the preview slider to see the lighting change. Drag it to night time and click Apply: if the light switch is on, you will see the radios light up. You might then want to go to Prepar3D menu | Vehicle | Instrument Panel and check Radio Operator. That will bring up the 2D night view - it's very different from the VC because of the static lighting.

Edited by dragonflightdesign

I followed your advice and now I see just the internal lighted gauges in the radio room. Is that the desired effect?

I was under the impression that the lamp would illuminate the front of all the radio panels from an offset perspective.

spacer.png

Edited by Butch1

I thought I did have the light switch on. The one switch that was opposite that red arrow in my post above, I turned on and off. No difference. I sure would like

to know just where in that airplane you found the switch to illuminate the radios like you've shown in your pic. AFAIN, the one and only lamp switched is

the one you guided me too in my firsts posts here. I tried it on and I tried if off. No joy. Sigh.........

There are no dependancies on that switch - it's attached to the battery so it willl work day or night. Go to the \Effects folder and check for the existance of fx_b314_vclightro.fx.

General question to anyone reading this thread - is anyone else having the same problem?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, dragonflightdesign said:

There are no dependancies on that switch - it's attached to the battery so it willl work day or night. Go to the \Effects folder and check for the existance of fx_b314_vclightro.fx.

General question to anyone reading this thread - is anyone else having the same problem?

I looked and I do have that file. The aircraft engines are all running at idle.

Edited by Butch1

Light switch ON

spacer.png

Light switch OFF

spacer.png

Edited by Butch1

Update!

Uninstalled both the Clipper pro V1.5 and the addon and rebooted, then installed ONLY the Clipper Pro V1.5 and not the Addon (yet) I wanted to see at this point of the installation the status of the radio room lamp. The picture shows the lamp is on but it is not illuminating the front of the radios at all.

So, the situation is the same.

spacer.png

Edited by Butch1

Please list just the [lights] section of your aircraft.cfg file.

Edited by dragonflightdesign