Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Version 3.4.3 AP issues

I made a short flight this afternoon with this new version and had a defective AP: No indication of VS when pressed (and not functional either), no indication other than GPS on the screen, but yet, the plane would not follow the GPS route with precision, only when I pressed NAV again did the plane come back on the route (hence the screen indication is not reliable. I also tried the climb with IAS but no indication again on the screen. Although my altitude of 11000 ft was correctly selected, the climb stopped at 10300 ft and I had to intervene manually to get to my FL: Since I never had these issues before, I wonder if something has not gone wrong in this version, or am I alone?

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

39 minutes ago, Bernard Ducret said:

I made a short flight this afternoon with this new version and had a defective AP: No indication of VS when pressed (and not functional either), no indication other than GPS on the screen, but yet, the plane would not follow the GPS route with precision, only when I pressed NAV again did the plane come back on the route (hence the screen indication is not reliable. I also tried the climb with IAS but no indication again on the screen. Although my altitude of 11000 ft was correctly selected, the climb stopped at 10300 ft and I had to intervene manually to get to my FL: Since I never had these issues before, I wonder if something has not gone wrong in this version, or am I alone?

Sounds like you have a bad install or a Community folder conflict of some kind.  Reports on C414 ver3.4.3 on the FSW Discord site have been positive, and I have not had the problems you are reporting.

It is probably easiest to first try a reinstall. If that doesn't solve the problem then I would check for a Community folder conflict.

To eliminate the possibility of a Community folder conflict (due to a third party livery or mod) you can rename the Community folder to back it up, then create a new community folder with only the C414 and GPS files, restart the sim and see what happens. Or, if you use the Add-on Linker, try turning off all addons.

Al

Thank you Al, a reinstall took care of the defect. I use Addon-Linker and always select one plane and the two sceneries I need for any given flight, so this time, I believe the problem was caused by the King Air BlackSquare which I had also selected to calibrate the throttles of both twins. The problem is now with the King Air GPS! Many thanks for your help, I absolutely love this Chancellor.

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Had the same problem with VS - I had previously flown the BlackSquare Velocity XL without restarting the sim.  Removed the XL from Community and VS control in the AP works OK.

• Like 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor