Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Ultimate Terrain X

Guest clayrb

Good Morning: Has anyone installed and used the product yet? I'm looking to buy it as proabaly alot of you also! I have been on Flght 1 web site and noticed that there are a few issues with it but none that would prevent me from getting the product. Also in your opnion is UTX a better fit with flight Enviorement X or ASW?Appreciate any opnions..............

UTX USA is a must have. I have had zero issues with it. There are some errors that have been noted at various locations, but these are being tracked and corrected for a 1st update.As for FEX or ASX/ASXG it doesn't really matter as both are just texture / graphics programs. They have no effect on any UTX features.Glenn

I use ultimate terrain x with active sky x and Xgraphics. They are all terrific, and add greatly to the reality of the sim-I would consider them must haves.I was one that initially had a little trouble with ultimate terrain taking a long time to load. It turned out to be my avast virus-turning it off took care of the problem. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest clayrb

Appreciate the reply and will go ahead a get it.......Happy Flying To All

Guest Len

I've had it for FS9 and now FSX. Great nightlighting. However, beware of framerate issues.

The best IMHO.Traffic is expanded to many streets and roads which have no traffic with the default MSFSX provisions, and they are unbelievably sharp (as long as I am not moving). One of the best offerings to date for flight simming IMHO.Now the down side (for me). Unfortunately, thanks to that marvelous sharpness, I notice the blurries much more as the textures decay. This is no fault of UTX, but exists on my system with the default textures as well. My suggestion would be to hop in something like the Baron, fly a few hundred feet off the deck in spot view and follow a road or two. Examine your road textures very carefully and see what developes for about an hour. If you have my problem, you may or may not want to delay your purchase of UTX until a solution is found. I'm not disappointed at all with UTX, but on my system so far FSX leaves something to be desired. I know from reading other Posts and Phil Taylor's evaluation I am not alone. Hopefully some solution will raise its head soon.Respectfully:RTH