Sign in to follow this  
lupedelupe

More helicopters, what's coming?

I'm assuming the new SDK has what it takes to build a Cabri (and please not another Nemeth effort).

I'm a little surprised the H125, H134, H145 hasn't been updated to make the most of the heli dynamics (or does it take so much more time to adapt?). Also curious to know what's in the pipeline (I know of the rumour of the MD500, but that's about it). 

i want one with floats to land on water.

Edited by wim123

Cowan are planning to bring their MD500E over from X-Plane but I think they are still looking to recruit people to work on that so it'll be some way off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bvdboomen said:

I would love to see a wheeled chopper coming in.

Pardon my ignorance, but why do some choppers have wheels? Do they taxi? It seems superfluous...like legs on a snake.

• Like 1

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

6 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Pardon my ignorance, but why do some choppers have wheels? Do they taxi? It seems superfluous...like legs on a snake.

Some navalized helos have wheels so that they can move with the deck of the ship.  Many of the ships also use recovery systems like the old Beartrap which would not work well with skids, the helo would get dragged by the skids.  With wheels, it can move a little if it needs to.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

38 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

I suspect taxiing around is easier and safer especially in adverse weather.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

According to Helisimmer, WWD is working on some helicopters:

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/wwd-announces-ec135-h135-also-aw139-msfs

I would love to see a wheeled chopper coming in.

I saw in their Discord channel that they will redo their H135 so I think It will take time. And about their AW139, they got the news that other developer (I don't know which one) is doing it so they don't know what to do about it.

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, V1ROTA7E said:

Yes, we taxi too!. With some emergencies you have to do a running landing and I prefer wheels better than skids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

I'm assuming the new SDK has what it takes to build a Cabri (and please not another Nemeth effort).

I'm a little surprised the H125, H134, H145 hasn't been updated to make the most of the heli dynamics (or does it take so much more time to adapt?). Also curious to know what's in the pipeline (I know of the rumour of the MD500, but that's about it). 

Fred Naar, the creator of Airland, is modifying a free R44:

And after that I think he said he will do the same with the H125.

Edited by Soul Rebel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, V1ROTA7E said:

They are pretty handy on high altitude takeoff where the helicopter cannot hover because of the thin air so they speed up with the wheels to take advantage of the translational lift once they have built up some speed

• Like 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

8 hours ago, wim123 said:

i want one with floats to land on water.

The Bell 47G has a floats version.

• Like 1

Miviz (Blackbird) are making a Huey 

Edited by Naki18
  • Like 2