Sign in to follow this  
vonduck

VR 1:1 scale in cockpit?

Hey guys,

My question is -  with the native resolutions in VR as in OXRT set at 100 and in game world scale set to 100.... is the actual depiction of the flight deck as it would be in real life by default?

I haven't had the chance to sit in the pilots seat of an A320 so not really sure what the comparison should be... Ive set my world scale to 120 in game  thinking that might be the go...

Any ideas?

Thanks, Doug

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

it tends to vary based on headset and aircraft. People used to say the 320 looked too big and most other aircraft looked too small

I find world scale at 115 - 120 feels about right in the reverb g2, or at least a good compromise for all aircraft I've tried so far

• Upvote 1

It's the aircraft, for instance with 100 scale ..

A320 FBW cockpit is too big for me
A320 Fenix cockpit seems to be plausible size 

Note: i have never been in a real one though 

Using a Quest 2 via link cable

Edited by avhpilot
  • Upvote 1

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

For some reason it totally seems to depend on the aircraft model.

The HondaJet is another example that seems at least 15% too small at 100%. Especially the virtual passengers look like children if you stand up and walk back into the cabin.