Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Allow TCP Port 9080 in Bitdefender

Over the past couple of years I have never been able to get my StreamDeck to work with Axis and Ohs and am trying to check the following advice in the manual: Port 9080 is blocked by your firewall. Make sure to allow the TCP Port 9080 in your firewall software On my computer, in the Windows Defender Firewall settings, I made a rule that looks like this, covering both the WebFIPs and the WebAPI ports.

Does anybody know how to do this with Bitdefender please because web searches are not coming up with a solution for me.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

18 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

Over the past couple of years I have never been able to get my StreamDeck to work with Axis and Ohs and am trying to check the following advice in the manual: Port 9080 is blocked by your firewall. Make sure to allow the TCP Port 9080 in your firewall software On my computer, in the Windows Defender Firewall settings, I made a rule that looks like this, covering both the WebFIPs and the WebAPI ports.

Does anybody know how to do this with Bitdefender please because web searches are not coming up with a solution for me.

Change the port first, to 6080 or 26080 or whatever, like it says in the "WebAPI troubleshooting guide" PDF. When there is another app on your computer that is already using 9080, nothing that you do in the firewall will help.

https://axisandohs.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/axisandohs_webapi_troubleshooting.pdf

And this is from the bitdefender website:
How to allow an app or program through Bitdefender Firewall

But I also found this:
Opening Port On Firewall, Not For Specific Program — The Bitdefender Expert Community

Not sure if things changed since that thread, but back then you couldn't open a specific port through the BD firewall independent from an app. If that is the case you have to open the port both for the AAO app and for the StreamDeck app too.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

21 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Change the port first, to 6080 or 26080 or whatever, like it says in the "WebAPI troubleshooting guide" PDF. When there is another app on your computer that is already using 9080, nothing that you do in the firewall will help.

And this is from the bitdefender website:
How to allow an app or program through Bitdefender Firewall

But I also found this:
Opening Port On Firewall, Not For Specific Program — The Bitdefender Expert Community

As it is Ports, I looked at the second option and it is advice from 2011 when Bitdefender was so different, it is even more complex now so I am in the process of uninstalling it and trying Windows defender.

I should have mentions that my complete problem is that StreamDeck works perfectly on its own, A&O seems to be finding and displaying Aircraft in MSFS (but no controllers show) and when I select any of the downloaded Guenseli scripts on StreamDeck, none are responding. So my original post should have been more specific. I am just trying to go through the troubleshooting steps to find out why, so thank you for your help so far, I shall see if it works without Bitdefender which to inexperienced me is too clunky. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

20 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

As it is Ports, I looked at the second option and it is advice from 2011 when Bitdefender was so different, it is even more complex now so I am in the process of uninstalling it and trying Windows defender.

I should have mentions that my complete problem is that StreamDeck works perfectly on its own, A&O seems to be finding and displaying Aircraft in MSFS (but no controllers show) and when I select any of the downloaded Guenseli scripts on StreamDeck, none are responding. So my original post should have been more specific. I am just trying to go through the troubleshooting steps to find out why, so thank you for your help so far, I shall see if it works without Bitdefender which to inexperienced me is too clunky. 

Again: change the port in AAO and the StreamDeck plugin, like it says in the troubleshooting guide. There are quite a few other programs out there that are using 9080, and it is entirely possible that the port is blocked by another app.

https://axisandohs.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/8/2/60827113/axisandohs_webapi_troubleshooting.pdf

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

22 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

A&O seems to be finding and displaying Aircraft in MSFS (but no controllers show)

Yes, of course no controllers show. AAO has nothing whatsoever to do with the controller assignments in MSFS.

Um. Did you read the AAO manual as to what the app actually does? Just asking. It is NOT just a bridge for the StreamDeck, in fact, is doesn't have any StreamDeck related code in it at all. The StreamDeck plugin is one of half a dozen examples that I made for how to use the AAO Web API, nothing more.

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Espana Pete said:

when I select any of the downloaded Guenseli scripts on StreamDeck, none are responding

Did you follow (all) the installation instructions from Guenseli? Imported the profile in the Elgato software, and imported the associated scripts into AAO? And whatever else his profiles need?
Is the package "lorbysi-content-hooks" present in your Community folder?

To check the connection between the StreamDeck plugin and AAO, start everything, the sim, AAO "As Administrator", make sure that in AAO the WebAPI is enabled, wait until you sit in the cockpit, connect AAO. Now open an empty profile on the StreamDeck and pull the "Reset Connection" Action from the Lorby plugin onto an empty slot. If it turns green, then the plugin can talk to AAO - and if there are functional problems, they are not with the web connection (=when this button is green you can stop looking at firewalls etc.).

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

yes, yes and yes so on the surface it looks as though it should work, perhaps these images taken while sitting on a runway in the CJ$ will explain my problem: the 1st one shows that nothing is reported on my streamdeck

spacer.png

The A&O screen:

spacer.png

Bottom left showing that A&O reset button is green

spacer.png

Sorry but I do not know what to try next, would any other screen shots help to diagnose my problem?

Sorry, no idea. I don't have any of those profiles and can't attest to their functionality. The profile in your screenshot is obviously not able to communicate, but I can't tell you why. Did you click on the "DO NOT TOUCH" button? Maybe there is an error in the profile? Are you using the correct version of the AAO plugin and of the Elgato software that this profile has been made for? It is also possible that other StreamDeck plugins are interfering somehow, but I haven't seen that happen before. Did you try any other profile, like the "Little Gauges" with a default, non- modded aircraft?

I suggest that rather than posting here you send an email with your proof of purchase to the support address that you find on the last page of the AAO manual. 

And, for the third time - please change the port - to 6080.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

and, for the third time - please change the port - to 6080.

After 4 hours of trying to do this I have managed to change the port in both Stream Deck and A&O

One difficulty was that when I went to “Tools->Port settings for AAO Addons” Stream Deck was the only one showing and although it has a tick box, clicking on it would not display a tick so I had to end up changing it at c - users - me - app data roaming etc settings.js then saving that, un plugging the USB for Steamdeck and restarting the PC several times.

90% of my Guenseli scripts are now working at last.

Thank you again for your patience as I had great difficulty in understanding all of the A&O manuals which covered so many subject not relevant to my usage of the script, which has a brilliant wide scope but too much for what is left of my 74 year old brain.

8 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

One difficulty was that when I went to “Tools->Port settings for AAO Addons” Stream Deck was the only one showing and although it has a tick box, clicking on it would not display a tick so I had to end up changing it at c - users - me - app data roaming etc settings.js then saving that, un plugging the USB for Steamdeck and restarting the PC several times.

As it says in the troubleshooting guide, you cannot change the port while the StreamDeck software is running. The document also describes how you stop the StreamDeck software, then change the port. Then start the StreamDeck software again.
No manual editing of any files, nor unplugging or replugging is necessary. But too many bad trials on a specific port may prompt Windows to block that port for a while, so a computer restart is always a good idea.

Quoting page 4 of the guide:

c. Select the desired addon/all addons, then press “Set Port”, then “Apply”
Note that the program/addon cannot be running at this point, or it cannot be selected. For example, the StreamDeck software must be terminated properly before doing this (right click the StreamDeck symbol in the task bar, there is an option to shut down StreamDeck at the end of the list)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

6 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

As it says in the troubleshooting guide, you cannot change the port when the StreamDeck software is running. The document also describes how you stop the StreamDeck software, then change the port, and restart it. No manual editing of any files is necessary.

from the troubleshooting guide  (right click the StreamDeck symbol in the task bar, there is an option to 
shut down StreamDeck at the end of the list
)  

I did right click on the StreamDeck symbol in the task bar, but there was NO option to shut it down

There is an option to " X Close Window" in the task bar when the Stream Deck Editor is running but I presume you did not mean this?

24 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

from the troubleshooting guide  (right click the StreamDeck symbol in the task bar, there is an option to 
shut down StreamDeck at the end of the list
)  

I did right click on the StreamDeck symbol in the task bar, but there was NO option to shut it down

There is an option to " X Close Window" in the task bar when the Stream Deck Editor is running but I presume you did not mean this?

When you right click on the StreamDeck symbol in the System Tray (the area to the bottom right of your screen), a context menu is displayed that contains all your profiles so you can select them. At the end of that list there are "Settings", "Store" and finally the option to shut down the StreamDeck entirely.

Closing the Window does nothing, the software keeps running in the background.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

spacer.png

This NOT from the desktop it is from the taskbar, I even selected as ON in the system tray (in image below) but that did not help either

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

This NOT from the desktop it is from the taskbar, I even selected as ON in the system tray (in image below) but that did not help either

That symbol is not the correct one. You need to use the one in the system tray. "task bar" can obviously be misunderstood. I will change that in the guide right away. I'm just not sure that everybody knows what the "system tray" is.

52557115918_7a09b40f78_c.jpg

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

51 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

That symbol is not the correct one. You need to use the one in the system tray. "task bar" can obviously be misunderstood. I will change that in the guide right away. I'm just not sure that everybody knows what the "system tray" is.

Here is my System tray, no symbol even though I told Win 11 to add one (see previous image I sent as proof)

spacer.png