Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Allow TCP Port 9080 in Bitdefender

Just now, Espana Pete said:

Here is my System tray, no symbol even though I told Win 11 to add one (see previous image I sent as proof)

spacer.png

I can see it - between the upwards pointing arrow and the little cloud...

LORBY-SI

37 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

I can see it - between the upwards pointing arrow and the little cloud...

Tomorrow morning I shall make an appointment for an up to date eye test! 🙂

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

16 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

After 4 hours of trying to do this I have managed to change the port in both Stream Deck and A&O

One difficulty was that when I went to “Tools->Port settings for AAO Addons” Stream Deck was the only one showing and although it has a tick box, clicking on it would not display a tick so I had to end up changing it at c - users - me - app data roaming etc settings.js then saving that, un plugging the USB for Steamdeck and restarting the PC several times.

90% of my Guenseli scripts are now working at last.

Thank you again for your patience as I had great difficulty in understanding all of the A&O manuals which covered so many subject not relevant to my usage of the script, which has a brilliant wide scope but too much for what is left of my 74 year old brain.

Hello lucky guy, I'm in the same process too. I've tried everything you did but I'm not lucky after changing port to 6080. So to summarize:

AAO running as admin (version 2.7 since justflight still doesn't have newest version, but new one was released yesterday, shouldn't be the problem).

Scripts ready and working in MSFS when I test them in AAO.

Stream deck version 6+, Lorby's plug-in installed, A3XX profile too.

Connection reset button in Stream Deck A3XX profile is green.

So there is just malfunction somewhere between Stream Deck and AAO and I don't know where. If there was someone who can help me for example via Discord live streaming or something, I would be really happy.

2 hours ago, Lelvicek said:

Connection reset button in Stream Deck A3XX profile is green.

So there is just malfunction somewhere between Stream Deck and AAO and I don't know where. If there was someone who can help me for example via Discord live streaming or something, I would be really happy.

I might well be wrong, but I am sure that if the reset button is green then AAO is talking to the Stream Deck and if AAO is picking up the type of the aircraft that you have sat on the runway then AAO is talking to MSFS. Have you double checked the Guenseli instructions, I did a fresh read, download and install just to make sure. Sorry but I cannot get on with Discord, it is the least user friendly software I have ever encountered. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

2 hours ago, Lelvicek said:

So there is just malfunction

What kind? What is happening on the StreamDeck? Are all buttons non-functional or are a few of them working? If it is the latter, make sure that AAO has been installed correctly and that the package "lorbysi-content-hooks" is present in your "Community" folder.

When in doubt, change the port again. And remember that you have to do it on both sides, in AAO and in the Plugin. The troubleshooting guide tells you how to do that.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

10 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

What kind? What is happening on the StreamDeck? Are all buttons non-functional or are a few of them working? If it is the latter, make sure that AAO has been installed correctly and that the package "lorbysi-content-hooks" is present in your "Community" folder.

When in doubt, change the port again. And remember that you have to do it on both sides, in AAO and in the Plugin. The troubleshooting guide tells you how to do that.

Buttons itself are OK, changing their status if there is any, but only on Stream deck. AAO is presented in Community folder. I was changing ports always on both side, in AAO (Tools - Port settings for Web) and in the settings.js file of Stream Deck plugins. I guess you meant this. As Pete is saying above, it looks like Stream deck should be communicating with AAO (that's what green line of Connection status button means, right?), AAO is definetelly communicating with MSFS (test buttons of many scripts are working in cockpit) but Stream deck buttons are not able to do the process in cockpit. I can try to write down all procedures I did with screenshot if you have enough patience for another noob user. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. :)

53 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

I might well be wrong, but I am sure that if the reset button is green then AAO is talking to the Stream Deck and if AAO is picking up the type of the aircraft that you have sat on the runway then AAO is talking to MSFS. Have you double checked the Guenseli instructions, I did a fresh read, download and install just to make sure. Sorry but I cannot get on with Discord, it is the least user friendly software I have ever encountered. 

That's what I was thinking about green line, but I'm crazy it's still not working. :) Looks like I miss something and I don't know what it is. I'm soooo close to have all I wanted for MSFS. It would be my Christmass present If it would work. :D

3 hours ago, Lelvicek said:

That's what I was thinking about green line, but I'm crazy it's still not working. 🙂 Looks like I miss something and I don't know what it is. I'm soooo close to have all I wanted for MSFS. It would be my Christmass present If it would work. 😄

Which Guenseli download are you using (plane that is)?

The base line test is using Guenseli's "Little Gauges" profile with a default aircraft. If that doesn't work, although everything else fits, then the problem is in the StreamDeck itself. For example, there can be cross-compatibility issues with other plugins. The StreamDeck software has a debug and logging web console, but that must be activated in the Windows Registry, so it is not for the faint of heart.

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The base line test is using Guenseli's "Little Gauges" profile with a default aircraft. If that doesn't work, although everything else fits, then the problem is in the StreamDeck itself. For example, there can be cross-compatibility issues with other plugins. The StreamDeck software has a debug and logging web console, but that must be activated in the Windows Registry, so it is not for the faint of heart.

In case I won't be able to make it work, I can try the last option I have - reinstall computer, fresh install simulator, stream deck (without any plugins) and try this AAO + Stream Deck profile/plug-in from Guenseli first of all. But it's something I have to keep as last option, because it's gonna be lot of work after that. I hope I'll find another solution.

25 minutes ago, Lelvicek said:

In case I won't be able to make it work, I can try the last option I have - reinstall computer, fresh install simulator, stream deck (without any plugins) and try this AAO + Stream Deck profile/plug-in from Guenseli first of all. But it's something I have to keep as last option, because it's gonna be lot of work after that. I hope I'll find another solution.

The first step should always be to use a default profile (the Little Gauges) with a default aircraft (the C152).

If those don't work, then there is no connection, regardless of what the connection button shows. Then follow the troubleshooting guide PDF for the WebAPI. Double and triple check that the ports are the same in plugin and AAO, using the dialogs provided for that purpose in AAO. Do not edit any files manually. Changing the port must always come first. Be aware that ports can only be changed when the Elgato software is not running - see above discussion.  Restart your computer from time to time, Windows can block ports for extended periods of time.

If all that is failing, try removing all other plugins from the StreamDeck. Simply move them out of the plugins folder: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins and restart your computer (or the StreamDeck software, following the procedure described to Pete.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lelvicek said:

It's this one for Fenix A320:

https://flightsim.to/file/33274/fenix-a320-aao-scripts-streamdeck-xl-profile-teaser

I was thinking about trying the Cessna profile to check another one.

There is an important NOTE in the Guenseli changelog which you may not have noticed for this profile so as Lorby recommends going to a lower spec plugin  first would certainly make most sense. Just make sure it has been updated by Guenseli to the latest stream deck version or you might be inviting further problems. 

Fixed! I tried to use the debug console and port was the problem. It's weird changing the port didn't help before, but reason is Logitech G-Hub. I shut it down and everything is working now. Thank you for your patience all. Christmass in my home right now. 🙂

• Upvote 1