Sign in to follow this  
Daveo

FSX Real Weather

When I get real weather the load bar for getting Jepp data works, then the load bar for inserting into FSX works, and then I get the weather map. It appears to have loaded, but the weather in FSX does not match real world. It looks like it is frozen at some point in the past.My test - go to create a flight, then select the ramp at KDWH airport and finally choose real weather. Watch the download and when it's done, it says 3 mi vis, thunderstorms, heavy rain, winds 327 at 11 kts.This is the same I have gotten over the last week and I do not think it has worked since SP1. Where is the downloaded information placed? I would suspect a text file of some sort and will look for it tonight but was wanting to know if anyone else has seen this?A search here tuned up one entry (never answered) and one entry over at FlightSim which was also ignored.Phill

If you go to the map while inflight and mouse the pointer over the weather station it reports the actual weather or as close to it. At least it did for me in FSX. I noticed the same thing too with the downloaded weather info when your first load it. I switched over to Active Sky though so I havent really checked lately.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Over on FlightSim it was suggested to delete all temp files which is also what Microsoft suggested. Still no joy. Don't want to go with another add on right now, my machine is five years old and an upgrade is still on the horizon. May have to live without real weather, or might do a complete reinstall. Have to chew on that idea for awhile.Phill

You can mouse over the weather stations in map mode with the default real weather and get pretty accurate conditions if the weather station reported them in a timely matter. What I meant was since I installed ASX I havent bothered checking them anymore. I just take a peak at a weather radar page online instead to compare conditions.My machine is probably older then yours. Im running a dinosaur here.Athalon XP 2400+

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Just did the map mouse over and it shows what I downloaded. But that is not what the airport has. It seems to be stuck in time where I keep getting the exact same readings over and over again. It has not changed temp, dew point, barometric, ceiling, or anything else in at least two to three weeks now.Starting to bang head on wall. All I'm getting is a headache.Phill

Are you inflight or on the ground when you do this?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

but the weather in FSX does not match real worldFSX doesn't match the weather reported in the Map view when you downloaded the weather - or it doesn't match the weather out the window?FS weather is based on reports which are once every hour or two hours and the weather displayed is an average of three reporting stations near your aircraft. Depending upon where you are in the world - there may not be reports for the past several hours.Did you look at the latest METAR for the airport where your are flying - does the FSX weather come close to that?Thunderstorms and fast moving weather systems can completely miss the METAR system at time here in Dallas.Also, where in the world are you flying? FS depends upon METAR data reported in a very specific format - and something like 30-40% of the METAR reports world wide are reported as hand entered frequently with errors.Are you loading FSX from a saved flight? If so, you may need to Go To Airport away from your start location (a few hundred miles) and then Go To Airport to come back to clear the weather saved in the flight file.What are your weather scenery settings. If your cloud draw distance, your 3D cloud density and such are pulled back from the maximum - then the system will not display full cloud cover, etc.

All better now. Did lot's of computer maintenance and other stuff including an email to a friend from work. When Doug got home, he went to KDWH and guess what - he got the same exact conditions I have been seeing for a couple of weeks.In the Microsoft knowledge base one suggestion was that non reporting from some station for any reason causes the last known (to FSX) weather to be used.Then about 5:30 PM local, Doug emails that he is now seeing different weather at KDWH, so I load up and repeat my test and, whadayouknow, the download now looks exactly the same as the Houston radar is painting.My guess is the data for that station has been non-existant for at least a week. Anyhow, I feel better and my temp files were in need of being cleaned up.Thanks for the responses.Phill :-lol Happy in Houston

Phill,If you are concerned about a whole bunch of stuff cluttering up your HD try using CCleaner, it's a freeware utility... http://www.ccleaner.com/No need to search out for files that you wish to delete anymore, it can be set to clean temp files, recycle bin, prefetch files etc... You would be surprised how much useless stuff it will find. After analyzing you run the cleaner and it will remove many, many unwanted files. Give it a try.

\Robert Hamlich/

Had the same problem, which disappeared after a complete un-install, reformat, install sequence.I always used real weather but not updated because i didn't like the screenflash which occurs every minute or so.At a given moment in history, rainy weather was downloaded for EBBR (Zaventem/Brussels, Belgium). At that moment it was the correct weather but it kept raining every time i started a flight out of EBBR even when the weather was sunny.If i changed from real weather static to real weather updated everything was fine again but when i swithed back to real weather static, data was loaded again but the weather always switched back to rain.My AVSIM topic about it:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=378794&page

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

>Had the same problem, which disappeared after a complete>un-install, reformat, install sequence.>I always used real weather but not updated because i didn't>like the screenflash which occurs every minute or so.>At a given moment in history, rainy weather was downloaded for>EBBR (Zaventem/Brussels, Belgium). At that moment it was the>correct weather but it kept raining every time i started a>flight out of EBBR even when the weather was sunny.>If i changed from real weather static to real weather updated>everything was fine again but when i swithed back to real>weather static, data was loaded again but the weather always>switched back to rain.>>My AVSIM topic about it:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=378794&pageThats what I like most about ASX is there is no stopping to load the weather data which used to happen alot on final with the default real updated weather in FSX.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png