Sign in to follow this  
Guest RonB49

Easy startup?

Guest OldProf

Has anyone written a macro or some kind of shortcut that will allow me to click the FSX icon on my desktop and then have it open FSX with my default plane sitting on my default runway at my default airport?Thanks,OldProf

With FS9 you used to be able to clcik on one of the icons in the "My Flights" folder and it would automaticaly load to that flight without going through the start screen. You don't seem to be able to do that with FSX.

>Has anyone written a macro or some kind of shortcut that will>allow me to click the FSX icon on my desktop and then have it>open FSX with my default plane sitting on my default runway at>my default airport?>Thanks,>OldProf1. Try setting up your senerio and then save it with a special name such as 'MySenerio'.2. create a short cut to that special named file 'MySenerio' on your desktop and then you can double click it to start up FSX. OR In the properties of the FSX.exe start up icon enter the entire path to that special named file after the target line entry and save. Now when double clicking the FSX.exe your special named senerio will load up. See below ..."C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator Xfsx.exe" C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorMy DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesMySenerio.FLT

Guest RonB49

Hey Prof, it's even easier that Victor and McC have told you. Look in the config file FSX.cfg and find the section captioned:[sTARTUP]In that section, you will find this variable.SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1Change the 1 (one) to 0 (zero). That's it. You will start each session with your default flight loaded.R-

>Hey Prof, it's even easier that Victor and McC have told you.> Look in the config file FSX.cfg and find the section>captioned:>>[sTARTUP]>>In that section, you will find this variable.>>SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1>>Change the 1 (one) to 0 (zero). That's it. You will start>each session with your default flight loaded.>>R->Good idea too!Show opening screen is on the General Settings panel.

Guest RonB49

>Show opening screen is on the General Settings panel.Thanks. I wanted to say that but I couldn't, for the life of me, remember where that checkbox was located. R-