Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Columbia 400 for FSX/FS2004???

Guest missionballer

I have been combing through the current issue of plane and pilot and the cover "girl" is a sexy Columbia 400, which claims to be the fastest single prop plane in the world. I cannot find it in the avsim file library. Is there a model of this awesome GA plane for either FSX or FS9?

>I have been combing through the current issue of plane and>pilot and the cover "girl" is a sexy Columbia 400, which>claims to be the fastest single prop plane in the world. I>cannot find it in the avsim file library. Is there a model of>this awesome GA plane for either FSX or FS9?The Eaglesoft Columbia 400 is available in your choice of either FS9/FS2004 Version or FSX Version. Both contain Avidyne EX5000 "portrait" Avionics.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

The previous poster already offered a link, so there's no need for another advertisement. And keep in mind potential buyer that the plane only contains an *approximation* of the EX5000 mfd (the pfd is actually called the EXP5000). So it doesn't have a terrain map or weather. And the fs9 version doesn't have eight liveries like the fsx version, something that should have been fixed a long time ago on the website. That said, the Eaglesoft Columbia 400 is one of the best aircraft add ons you can buy, there's no doubt about that. But it is pretty demanding so I'd recommend the fs9 version unless you have a higher end rig. Definitely get it though if the real thing caught your eye.

>The previous poster already offered a link, so there's no>need for another advertisement. >Are you the forum moderator?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest missionballer

Thank You for that info, although a freeware model would have been nice. The Alphasim model looks great but pricey just for one plane and some paintjobs.

Actually, you've created more of advertisement than we have so let it be known to all that you are not an Eaglesoft spokesman:-)As the other poster said, you are not a forum mod here and frankly it's non of your business what/how we post here:-)We do however thank you for the advertisement:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

With my measly 4000+ post/replies versus the new apparent moderator with a whopping 166...............I vote to bump this, so everyone will know about the Columbia 400! :-hah L.Adamson --- no affiliation with the above developer

>With my measly 4000+ post/replies versus the new apparent>moderator with a whopping 166...............I vote to bump>this, so everyone will know about the Columbia 400! :-hah >>L.Adamson --- no affiliation with the above developerHa Ha, thanks for the humour Larry:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>With my measly 4000+ post/replies versus the new apparent>moderator with a whopping 166...............I vote to bump>this, so everyone will know about the Columbia 400! :-hah >>L.Adamson --- no affiliation with the above developerLOLSorry, it's a pet peeve of mine when I see someone playing "mod" and they're clearly not. *shrug*

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>...looks great but pricey just for>one plane and some paintjobs.At nearly three-quarter million dollars for the real C400, I suppose one could also argue that it's a bit pricey for "just one plane" and only one "paintjob!"...unless one considers the thousands of hours of development time that goes into such things... :-lol

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That quote is about the alphasim model...didn't know they had a C400:-hmmm

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

In this case I actually ended my criticism with an endorsement of the product, which I didn't have to do by the way, making some clarifications which are not available on the product site. Yet I am still more or less personally insulted by Ron the developer, as the other poster was laughed at by Bill the other developer, for expressing that his advertisement is not needed.Why? - mainly because it contains no criticism nor much detailing/distinction of the actual features vs. the real thing: "Both contain Avidyne EX5000 'portrait' Avionics". Well that's not very specific is it, because several features are not included. It's not even correct because the Avidyne in question is the Entegra flight deck with EXP5000 pfd and EX5000 mfd. The way he said it is very much like the way Avidyne herself uses it as an advertisement: EX5000 = very cool, 5000 wow, sounds capable! So Ron's advertisement is worthless to forum readers. What I mean is it belongs in the PAID advertising section of the avsim front page, my opinion. Ron, if you post something in a forum then it becomes the business (if wanted) of everyone on that forum, even if you object to how exactly they have made it their business. Also, what you say is silly because there are 2 kinds of advertisements, those of the actual company and those of users of the product. The latter tend to be more trustworthy for obvious reasons, and this forum caters to product criticism, whether pro or con (DUH!). But personally, I feel that developers themselves shouldn't be advertising their products here (as they are not allowed in the screenshot forum), particularly when there are users to do that for them. It ruins the flow of user criticism and makes people worried about being shot down by mean developers. Again, that's my opinion and it doesn't make me a wannabe moderator.And Ed, aren't you playing mod just as much as I by telling people not to play mod? And isn't Ron playing mod too by saying it's none of my business what he posts here? Based on your tolerance, there are thousands of moderators here.

Sheesh weenie...must we all endure yet another round of "weenie plays the moderator" or "weenie needs attention right now this minute"...why not just let it go before you embarass yourself even more?

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest weeniemcween

Must we all endure your advertisements, drivel, and rudeness? I endorse your columbia 400 and you insult me? When you stop, rest assured I'll stop. Notice that all my posts of the moderly character you characterize are in response to you, sir! The rest of the time I pretty much talk about add ons that are worth buying.Clearly I don't care if I embarrass myself, certainly not here. Nor do you apparently. You act like a big shot yet have a little software company that might as well be called Applepiesoft :-D. You try and act like you're part of the forum community, hopping on Larry's joke bandwagon for instance (lame), when you're clearly here to tell people off who say anything you don't like, and finally say "best regards". You're are a small simple man.Bye bye...