Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Panning round to (even 1 or 2) AI induces FPS stutters

Hi,Following the patch issued for FSX I began adding some AI, but have noticed a very significant 'hit' associated with even a few AI aircraft on screen.For example, a test at PHOG, with only TWO Aardvark B737-200s on the apron.From the default microlight; panning around, the sim maintains 55-60 fps, however the moment the AI is in view this induces stutters of 12-15FPS every 2-3 seconds.1. I removed ground vehicles in case it was the processing logic for these.2. I removed the AI the frame rate was steady - no stutters.3. I added mips to the AI textures, in case it was connected with rendering the textures.4. Re-defragged the HD in case it was an AI Aircraft file access issue.The frame-rate drop does not appear proportional to the amount of AI, a test at Las Vegas with approximately 30 AI shows similar size stutters.Has anyone else encountered this sort of smooth/stutter experience with even very occaisional AI?Rgds,Chris.P.S. I'm using ttools to compile the traffic bgls (which presumably are in fs9 format), I'm wondering if that's the issue?

I have noticed a hit in FSX due to ai. However, I noticed it in FS9 as well, even with my fast Dual Core comp. Try an experiment. Clean out your current FS9 flight plans and start fresh. Go to World of AI and try their installer which can be configured for FSX or FS9 and use it to upload their Hawaiian fp and try Hawaii again. I think there is a slight difference in how the ai planes are set up in FSX.I think it's good to create a seperate folder for ai planes inside the Simobjects folder. You just have to add a path to it in the FSX.cfg file. This is how my cfg file looks. See the 6th entry? Once you show the WOI installer the path it finds it every time.[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscSimObjectPaths.6=SimObjectsAIAirplanesHere' the website:http://www.world-of-ai.com/Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090