Sign in to follow this  
ParadiseFlight

Map is showing taxiways and parking that were deleted

I've created a bgl file from MSFS SDK that deletes underlying taxiways and parking spots from a payware airport, so I can add them correctly. I have MSFS loading my bgl file last. It looks and works fine in the sim, but LNM is showing all the old taxiways and parking spots on its map. Any ideas why this is happening? Does LNM use the simconnect navdata API, or does it read bgl files, to find the correct information of objects that are active?

LNM reads BGL files. There is no other programming interface which provides all the information.

LNM has to read the scenery in the right order if you modify an add-on. You can always look at the section "Data Source" in the LNM airport information to find out what was read in what order.

Deleting *all* taxiways from an underlying add-on should normally work. Many other new options for deletion like parking do not. I'm not in a hurry to update LNM to the new navaid and other deletion flags since this was already a mess to maintain for FSX and P3D. MSFS only made it worse.

Alex

Ok thanks for explaining about this. Well I looked at the Data Sources and it appears to be loading the BGLs in the wrong order. I setup the order in MSFS, using their new Package Reorder Tool, which is found in the Experimental tab in General Options. When you change the order there it adds the custom changes to the Content.xml file in the AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache folder. My Content.xml file has this:

<Priorities>
    <Package name="skylinesim-kroa-roanoke" priority="1"/>
    <Package name="rjp-airport-kroa-roanoke" priority="2"/>
</Priorities>

So this causes my rjp-airport-kroa-roanoke package to load after the skylinesim one.

I can see in the Tools>Packages that it is loading this way in the sim:

OI4s0f8.jpg

This is the order I see in LNM:
2dxfAcs.jpg

I see. I probably have to reverse the scenery loading order. I was just guessing since there is no documentation about it.

The airport loaded last (usually add-on) always replaces features or the airport loaded before (often stock).

Alex

• Like 1

In the current version, 2.8.8, I checked the Data Sources again out of curiosity, from the same location, KROA, with my same scenery files as before, and it's not not reporting the airport BGL files now, but instead is referencing a file related to GSX Pro. And MSFS has been restarted fresh a couple times. Strange.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, ParadiseFlight said:

In the current version, 2.8.8, I checked the Data Sources again out of curiosity, from the same location, KROA, with my same scenery files as before, and it's not not reporting the airport BGL files now, but instead is referencing a file related to GSX Pro. And MSFS has been restarted fresh a couple times. Strange.

There were some fixes in the last LNM version regarding linked files (symlinks, Windows junctions, Windows shortcuts and macOS aliases).

Exclude all GSX files from loading in LNM. The GSX BGL files do not contribute anything to LNM airports. They will just show the GSXed airports wrongly as add-on.

The "file not found" can happen only if you use a scenery manager and disabled these, moved the MSFS installation location or copied a database to a remote computer.
The file location is stored in the LNM database on loading the scenery library and if the file is not at its place it will be reported as "file not found".

Alex

Ahh I forgot I had moved the MSFS Packages. I did a reset paths and now the correct files are found.  AND now I can see you have fixed the order that the BGL files are loading, using the priority settings in MSFS. I can now see my BGL changes to the airport. Thanks!!

12 hours ago, ParadiseFlight said:

Ahh I forgot I had moved the MSFS Packages. I did a reset paths and now the correct files are found.  AND now I can see you have fixed the order that the BGL files are loading, using the priority settings in MSFS. I can now see my BGL changes to the airport. Thanks!!

Looks like I have to test error checking if packages are moved.🤔

The BGLs were already read in order before but in the wrong reversed order. 🤕 Now fixed in 2.8.8 or one version before.

Alex