Sign in to follow this  
VitaminA330

Some Aerosoft / FSDG titels off 25%

Thank you.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Some of the reviews for the FSDG sceneries are quite bad. Are their MSFS sceneries not as good as their P3D ones? 

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Well, so far I only have some of their P3d sceneries. And those are absolutely stunnung, some of the best on the market IMO. I can't judge for the MSFS ones (yet), but I would be very surprised if they were suddenly bad ...maybe some people feel uncomfortable that FSDG is one of the very few developers that charge more for MSFS products than for P3d products and almose never have any sales??

Regards, Dominik

I hope for some P3D FSDG titles to be on sale for Chrismas.

• Like 2

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

12 hours ago, pommy80 said:

Some of the reviews for the FSDG sceneries are quite bad. Are their MSFS sceneries not as good as their P3D ones? 

Expectations of scenery are much higher for MSFS. What was good in P3D, is not in MSFS.

The lack of use of all of the latest techniques available to them combined with a higher price level, means FSDG compares unfavourably against a lot of cheaper and/or better developers. Even with a sale on, there isn't much to entice from their product range.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

13 hours ago, pommy80 said:

Some of the reviews for the FSDG sceneries are quite bad. 

I own few FSDG sceneries and they are GREAT   Am very satisfied with FSDG products.

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 2

signCopy.jpg

OK, I just bought FSDG Cuzco to try them out in MSFS. All I can say: it's absolutely stunning!! I think I have to go shopping again within the next 3 days 😛

If you look closely, it seems the only bad review refers to Mauritius. No idea, to me it seems that sceneries at arid desert areas are a lot more atmospheric than those in rain forests in MSFS... but that might also be a personal taste. However I guess Sharm-el-Sheik and Agadir will be my next destinations, and probably not the last.

Regards, Dominik

Thanks, I think this is the first time PANC for MSFS has gone on sale so time to pick that up and maybe a few others.  Brussels is supposed to be really well done?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Thanks, I think this is the first time PANC for MSFS has gone on sale so time to pick that up and maybe a few others.  Brussels is supposed to be really well done?

PANC was on sale at aerosoft during BF sales

• Like 1

Picked up the following for MSFS:
FACT, FYWH Lite, HKJK Lite, SPZO.

Overall, they're average. No config tool or other ability to remove static aircraft or ground clutter, which IMO are unoptimised and cause framerate drops, even on my PC.
I didn't expect too much from the Lite series, however, the ground texturing on them is mediocre. The building textures are just OK. Nightlighting is nothing special.
At FACT, the jetways don't work properly and there's a static BA B747-200 at the gate. 🤦‍♂️

All of these issues have long been recognised by them on their forums, yet no fixes appear to be forthcoming.
SPZO is probably the best of this bunch as it's quite small, more developer effort seems to have gone into this airport.

Given that no other high quality developer is likely to make these anytime soon, I thought I would give them a try. I won't be buying any more of their MSFS products since none of them (except possibly EDDW) appear up to scratch.
When Flightbeam's LFBZ is cheaper at full price than nearly all of these FSDG ones whilst on sale, there's something wrong.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I picked up a couple of FSDG sceneries in this sale and have to agree that they seem very underwhelming for MSFS, which makes the high prices even more perplexing. Static aircraft you can't remove (though there's a somewhat-fix for HKJK at flightsim.to), no internal modeling, so-so textures (at best). An economy of modeling/texturing/detail that was understandable, even preferable, in the FSX/P3D engine due to performance constraints now seems very spartan indeed in MSFS.

Sad to say I don't think I'll be picking up any more FSDG sceneries, even on sale, unless something changes. Too bad, as they do hit some interesting destinations that don't get much love (payware or freeware) otherwise. But the value's just not there.

James

• Upvote 2

I'm 100% a P3D user, but FSDG has nearly never any sales going on. That said, FSDG is a ***/**** developer for p3d. Same level as Taxi2gate; however, not Fly Tampa-level.

Edited by tktheo93
  • Like 1

Great insights, @F737MAX and @honanhal - thank you for sharing them! If I hadn't known better from your comments, I would have probably bought one or two FSDG airports (most probably HKJK and FACT), but now I will stay away from them unless they get updated and improved at a later stage.

It is really a bummer to read that their MSFS sceneries (besides probably recently released EDDW) are so underwhelming and outdated in their quality. Back in the day, FSDG truly was one of the best developers/publishers out there and even if you bought one of their Lite airports for P3D, you could rest assured that you get at least very decent quality for a very decent price. Now they come across as overpriced, ill-prepared for the MSFS era and that they don't do any sales on their own website anymore (unless they plan to change that for the upcoming Christmas holidays) also shows that there is something wrong about their approach towards the flight-simming community. I'll keep my fingers crossed that from now on, starting with the recent release of EDDW, they get back on track and show their true potential.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1