Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Eaglesoft Citation II for FSX?

Guest Republic DC-9

I've been considering flying completely around the country in FSX and was thinking of buying the Eaglesoft Citation II to do the trip in.Screenshots for this plane seem to be lacking on the internet, I was wondering if the plane came with more than one US registration, and if so if someone had screenshots.I also am wondering if the plane's autopilot handles glideslope intercepts and tracking smoothly to the ground, rather than chasing it all over the place (very annoying to me).I'd love to hear anybody's opinion of this plane - it looks very interesting.Thanks,

Eagle Soft makes very good airplanes and they support their products via their forum. I would wait for the Eaglesoft Citation II (2.0). It purports to be a substantial upgrade from version 1 which I found to be very limited relative to fidelity. (i.e. no FMS, a frame rate eater and low quality glass instruments. (I run 1600 x 1200). I have been told many times that my system is the exception, but all the Eaglesoft aircraft provide the lowest frame rates as compared to other developers. I am not arguing the point. There are alternatives such as the Feelthere Citation X which is available now and very complete relative to systems and the FMS, autopilot etc. It is fun to fly! You can purchase any Eaglesoft product on a 30 day trial from Flight One. so there is no risk. I guess it depends on when you want to start your trip. :) If you want to leave today, then get the Feelthere Citation X. If you can wait, then checkout the Eaglesoft Citation X (2.0) when it becomes available. Bob..

Guest involution

Eaglesoft has enough screenshots (for me) herehttp://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationII.htmThe cockpit doesn't appear to be as fancy as those for newer planes but it's very functional in flight. Note the Sandel 3308 in the middle, it's a great navigation tool. I fly 99% in the VC, only trouble is adjusting the radios (clickspots a bit tiny and with trackIR it's hard to stand perfectly still).Autopilot works like a charm for me (with the usual fsx limitations, of course - I only start tracking the glideslope when I am quite close). Check out the support forums at Eaglesoft if you have more concerns.

Bob, to clarify. The question is related to our current Citation II/SP for FSX, not our Citation X 2.0 which is coming along quite nicely:-)Our FSX Citation II/SP is based on the older model "steam cockpit" with no FMS but does include a nice Sandel 3308 along with Eaglesoft GNS 530:-).There are a number of liveries including US and Non US registration numbers. I believe there are a few FSX repaints in the Avsim library as well. Everyone who knows about our CII/SP understands that it is based on older CII models without FMS:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks for posting the link. Our apologies for having only the FS9 screenshots available at the moment. The website does need some FSX screenshot updating and we hope to have some time this week to do a little housekeeping as well:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Screenshots for this plane seem to be lacking on the internet,>I was wondering if the plane came with more than one US>registration, and if so if someone had screenshots.Corporate N700ESCorporate N500ESGovernment NOAA N900LJAir Ambulance Lifeflight N147DRAir Ambulance Tyrol O-EGAAScreenshots are found at many other FS websites. AVSIM prohibits posting of commercial products in the screenshot forum, except those provided by legitimate customers.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Republic DC-9

Ok, thanks everyone.I bought the plane and must say it seems very nice, and very easy to fly - seems easy on the frame rates too.I am having trouble with the "speed hold" on the autopilot - I must be doing something wrong as the "SPD" button shows "inop" when i try to select it, yet when I load a flight where the lear is already on approach I can manipulate the planes speed with the speed select. I can't shut off the speed hold, however. I probably need to study the manual more.

Guest involution

I understand that the label 'INOP' is sort of a convention among developers to let you know that a button or other thingy is inoperative in the sim, so there is not much use pushing it... As others said, the Citation II is much of a port from the earlier FS9 model (probably why it's easy on the framerates), and a more detailed expansion is forthcoming (though I personally salivate more for the coming Citation X).

>I am having trouble with the "speed hold" on the autopilot - I>must be doing something wrong as the "SPD" button shows "inop">when i try to select it, yet when I load a flight where the>lear is already on approach I can manipulate the planes speed>with the speed select. I can't shut off the speed hold,>however. I probably need to study the manual more.It displays "INOP" because it is, inoperative that is. The real Citation II SP/2 has never had any "airspeed hold" capability. The AP Mode Selector used however is a "universal controller" used in many other a/c, so some buttons are physically present.Yes, you can always "cheat" and use the keyboard shortcuts (or, like you did load from another a/c where the speed hold was already active). I could have programmed the gauge to auto-cancel such stuff, but I chose not to disable default FSX control and behavior.

Fr. Bill    

>As others said, the Citation II is much of a port from>the earlier FS9 model (probably why it's easy on the>framerates), and a more detailed expansion is forthcoming>(though I personally salivate more for the coming Citation>X).Well, let the guy who built the Citation II tell you that is simply not accurate. Overall the model itself is nearly 60% rebuilt, as a LOT of work was required to implement the new FSX features. The virtual cockpit is 100% rebuilt... ;) Further, the gauge system was mostly reprogrammed from scratch, and several new gauges coded as well.Does that still sound like "much of a port from the earlier FS9 model?" :-lol :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

The Citation II v1.5 its the last version of this plane for FSX?

No, v2.0 has been available for quite awhile already...

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationCJ1+_20.htm

Fr. Bill    

He means the Cit II, not the CJ. The last version of the Cit II is 1.5

Oops! I just knew I shouldn't have switched to decaffeinated coffee this morning! :blush:

http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/CitationII.htm

Fr. Bill