Sign in to follow this  
c912039

Request for special designators

9 hours ago, c912039 said:

Would it be possible to add these  ICAO special aircraft designators please

https://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/SpecialDesignators.aspx

May I ask which one in particular and why?

Note that PSXT already detects SHIP and BALL and suppresses data from these types... It also knows GLID, ULAC, UHEL and GYRO.

Edited by kiek

I was going through the list of exceptions/errors PSXT would report to see if I could fix/clean up some of the aircraft issues.
I had the HPG balloon in my community folder, and PSXT listed it as an exception.  I had a quick look at the aircraft file, and HPG decided to list the icao_designator_type to
"HotAirBalloon" which is not the correct ICAO code.

As I'm reluctant to change official 3rd party configs, and to learn more about how PSXT matches models, I decided to try an experiment and to add an entry to fixes.xml (Yes I know this file gets overwritten by subsequent PSXT releases, but this was an experiment only, and if it worked, I was going to suggest adding this 'fix' in future fixes.xml releases).

I added
<fix wrong="HotAirBalloon" correct="BALL" />
however next start of PSXT gave me an error that
! wrong fix HotAirBalloon->BALL, the latter is not a valid type

As BALL is actually the correct ICAO code, I assumed that you had not included the special designators in PSXT list of allowed codes, hence my request.

I read with interest that you exclude SHIP and BALL data; does RT data for a balloon or airship cause problems for PSXT? Would it be possible in future editions of PSXT to be able to support other object types (like balloons/airships?)

David

5 hours ago, c912039 said:

I read with interest that you exclude SHIP and BALL data

That's because nobody asked for it, and I assume there is not much interest in it (it would further complicate and slow down PSXT)

Besides, in FSX/P3D there were no such AI objects available, to my knowledge. .

PSXT suppresses Ground vehicles data too. 

Glider is the only "strange animal" PSXT supports

Edited by kiek