Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

Having watched half of the stream it does look better than I initially thought (you can see it when the sun falls on the cockpit textures; maybe it's really the stream) and I also quite like the developer from what he says, mostly. They seem rather professional and seem to have enough manpower and real pilots on board. The aircraft seems perfectly flyable except for the obvious limitations in regard to VNAV or FMS.
I will wait for independent reviews when it releases and I might end up buying it if I believe this to be a good base.

Utterly disappointed and it's a shame, because a proper E-jet would be an amazing addition to MSFS.

If and when they get the top 10 voted features in their "roadmap" added and working, I might consider it.

Until then, this project is almost a joke.

LPMA

10 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Having watched half of the stream it does look better than I initially thought (you can see it when the sun falls on the cockpit textures; maybe it's really the stream) and I also quite like the developer from what he says, mostly. They seem rather professional and seem to have enough manpower and real pilots on board. The aircraft seems perfectly flyable except for the obvious limitations in regard to VNAV or FMS.
I will wait for independent reviews when it releases and I might end up buying it if I believe this to be a good base.

Sure, this doesn't look bad for a WIP state and it seems to be doing what it's doing at this stage very well (didn't see any bugs). It may end up actually being a high fidelity E-Jet, which I would buy. But you don't know if it will be and that's the issue for me. There's only the developer's word you either believe or not and to me, that's a big no, especially when you look at the wider gaming industry and how quite a number of games don't end up being finished.

I really don't want this in flight simming, because the number of good aircraft is very limited anyway and I wouldn't want to see the prospect of more squashed by devs walking away from stuff that has potential because they've made good money already.

• Like 3

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

17 minutes ago, Nixoq said:

I really don't want this in flight simming, because the number of good aircraft is very limited anyway and I wouldn't want to see the prospect of more squashed by devs walking away from stuff that has potential because they've made good money already.

I basically agree with you. But I do also see the other side that to produce a high-fidelity complex aircraft is a substantial investment in funds, for software and human resources and very few entities can sustain those kind of development costs. This is likely one reason there are few high-quality aircraft and so what is the way forward? We continually wait for a small handful of developers to release aircraft and that is all we get. I think some of these folks are trying to find a way forward that is in the middle. It worked well with the 414. That is likely the best or second best twin I have ever flown, I really enjoy it. So, it can work, but overall I tend to move in the direction you have articulated and, at least for now, I will pass on this.

• Like 2

Dan Scott

But at least they are open and transparent on their roadmap, unlike other developers. Will I get it? Not sure though, I would rather wait for few updates and lets see.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 hours ago, Nixoq said:

Took a dig at PMDG, saying FSS have an EFB that at least does something rather than having none at all and at TFDi saying that paying for the E-Jet early access you at least get something. Also just lashed out at another dev who has been developing a wide body aircraft for 3 years and "still doesn't have anything to show", asking what the better approach to development is.

Bit unprofessional.

Very unprofessional comments, taking shots at well-established developers, then glamouring about their EFB, despite not even implementing basics aircraft functions such as VNAV, TCAS, speed constraints.

Too many red flags already. Looking like another money grab unfortunately.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

21 minutes ago, pommy80 said:

Very unprofessional comments, taking shots at well-established developers, then glamouring about their EFB, despite not even implementing basics aircraft functions such as VNAV, TCAS, speed constraints.

To be fair that was not a developer who said it has a better EFB than PMDG, it was a user in the chat IIRC.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pommy80 said:

Agree on the other part and I sincerely hope you're wrong on this one, because after that stream I'm disappointed in the early access state but I believe that E-Jet has a lot of potential - if they stick to what they're promising. If they do, I'll likely buy it. In any case, I'll believe it when I see it.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Amon1973 said:

I bought the 414 in early access and it's probably the best twin in MSFS

Yes, the best piston twin in MSFS IMO.  But the Dev was well established in FSX and P3D and this was a model they had built previously.  I think they are great devs and the 414 is remarkable.  Had slight doubts in the early access, but they knocked it out of the park in the final version!

Will not hesitate to buy their next offering, especially if its the MU2. 🙂   Very unique plane to fly.

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

18 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

To be fair that was not a developer who said it has a better EFB than PMDG, it was a user in the chat IIRC.

Yes, but the host and the devs were giggling at it along the lines of "oh yeah, it doesn't even have one, we do" (not the exact words) which is still a bit rich coming from an early access release missing half the systems (or so it feels).

The devs seem passionate and knowledgeable and I'm not ruling out they pull this off and make this a very good E-Jet, because from the looks of it that's where it's headed. But these remarks about other devs and laughing off some legitimate points from people in the chat seemed rather arrogant tbh, even if may not have been meant to be in spite.

Edited by Nixoq

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

it is a new developer with no track record

They're working with a developer who made E-Jets for X-Plane.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They're working with a developer who made E-Jets for X-Plane

Just the external model. Otherwise they’re on their own. 

Ex-Airsimmer extended team member here 😁

Even if the E-jets team really put their heart in the project and they can manage to gather a couple of bucks by doing early access, it's their first big project and there is a non small chance features won't be implemented or at least not at the level we are expecting them.

Easy pass on my side, might consider after the plane will reach a concrete solid V1   

• Upvote 1

They lost me when they said the VNAV in the 175 was unreliable and several American operators aren’t allowed to use it.  LOL.  Sure Jan.  

No need to lie.  Just say it Wasn’t a priority to you. 

Edited by gsuwinsudont