Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

2 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Wonder how many times this utterly toxic and openly hostile video will be posted. 

I would say, toxic is to sell something which does not match the description entirely and precisely, misleading the customers or telling half of the truth. When we buy something we read the contract or what we really get, right? Watching YT videos is not a legal binding.

• Like 1

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, Vali said:

I would say, toxic is to sell something which does not match the description entirely and precisely, misleading the customers or telling half of the truth. When we buy something we read the contract or what we really get, right? Watching YT videos is not a legal binding.

That's not toxicity. They're not attacking or hating on anyone, while the hostility in that video (without even having touched the aircraft) is pretty evident. What you describe is bad/insufficient communication. Besides, two wrongs don't make a right. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 1

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

To be honest, LVFR A319 with FBW, way way way waaaay better deal than this garbage. I just bought LVFR 319 from marketplace and installed the FBW mod compatibility, very impressive!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

9 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

To be honest, LVFR A319 with FBW, way way way waaaay better deal than this garbage. I just bought LVFR 319 from marketplace and installed the FBW mod compatibility, very impressive!

Any videos of this in action with the mod? Be interested to see if this is worth it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abriael said:

That's not toxicity. They're not attacking or hating on anyone, while the hostility in that video (without even having touched the aircraft) is pretty evident. What you describe is bad/insufficient communication. Besides, two wrongs don't make a right. 

Strangely, those AviationLads videos are the opposite of the bad communication 😄 At least when we are talking about intentions...

What I can tell you from my experience, bad/insufficient communication can cause you a lot of legal problems and a lot of money sometimes. Once is out, the risk could be much much worse for them. The so called toxicity (from the above video) is just an awareness trigger compared with what may come. 

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

33 minutes ago, Vali said:

Strangely, those AviationLads videos are the opposite of the bad communication 😄 At least when we are talking about intentions...

What I can tell you from my experience, bad/insufficient communication can cause you a lot of legal problems and a lot of money sometimes. Once is out, the risk could be much much worse for them. The so called toxicity (from the above video) is just an awareness trigger compared with what may come. 

I'm not worried about legal problems. That's the developer's problem. But I don't think that kind of hostility is in any shape or form acceptable. It is an unfortunate index of a wider problem within the flight simulation community, which tends to blow issues massively out of proportion and hyperbolize problems in ways that are pretty unbecoming. Appeals to emotion like "Betrayal" should not be part of a logical discussion about flight simulator addons. No one's "outright betraying" anyone here. Let's be real. 🤔

The AviationLads videos look great. I absolutely love their cinematography (a bit less their heavy use of filters, but that's a different topic for a different day). But I don't think they do a great communication job. Not even a great advertisement job. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I believe the developer made a pretty obvious mistake by letting Aviationlads pretty much run the communication circus on its own while staying mum for a month. Obviously, there were a lot of communication lapses in there. Again, this isn't bashing Aviationlads. They do a great job with cinematography, but developers should talk for themselves (or have someone experienced with PR do it, if they're not good at it) and not delegate information sharing to video makers. 

My take about this all isn't that FSS is a bad actor or intentionally dishonest as some are trying so very hard to paint them as. It's that they're pretty much amateurs at marketing and communication. While that was fine when they were working on low-visibility products or were making products for others (either Aerosoft or Microsoft themselves), that lack of communication expertise is biting them in the rear now that they're making a product that a lot of people want and they're marketing it on their own.  

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

spacer.png

I knew it smelled in here and sure enough look who pops up from under the bridge😒

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

47 minutes ago, Vali said:

Having watched all of them, why you would hire them to produce a trailer for your addon is beyond me.

It was just model shots, nothing impressive, and they tack on a 30 second ad for themselves at the end. Granted, they probably gave a little too much up to make us realize this isn't what it looks like, but they were probably told, enthusiastically, to show it off default systems and all.

5 minutes ago, mspencer said:

Having watched all of them, why you would hire them to produce a trailer for your addon is beyond me.

Because their cinematography is very good. There also aren't very many that do this in the flight simulation industry. And many developers simply don't have the skillset to do their own. Making good trailers is not easy.

Of course, they could certainly hire professional video makers within the larger gaming industry, but these are likely prohibitively expensive for many smaller FS developers.

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

Any videos of this in action with the mod? Be interested to see if this is worth it.

Here's one in English.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Here's one in English.

Thanks buddy was actually the new a319 by LVFR I wanted to get a look at with the FBW mod.

Just now, Carts85 said:

Thanks buddy was actually the new a319 by LVFR I wanted to get a look at with the FBW mod.

Oh my bad. I haven't seen one of that. I'm curious as well, since FBW compatibility would make that addon much more viable, but I guess that's OT here.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Oh my bad. I haven't seen one of that. I'm curious as well, since FBW compatibility would make that addon much more viable, but I guess that's OT here.

Right with you there.. Hopefully will see some more drop in English over the next couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Abriael said:

Wonder how many times this utterly toxic and openly hostile video will be posted. 

Instead, I'll post a video that's actually detailed and informative (and a lot more fair). It's a lot more useful than one trying so very hard to ride the controversy. From what I'm seeing, it does a great job at giving a good overview of what the product is at the moment, and what it isn't. 

TwoToneMurphy will 100% say if something is word not allowed, and in his stream last night, he told it how it is, and I think he's giving the Dev and chance, incidentally the aircraft flew perfectly fine, considering it's early access and all that. 

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.