Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

32 minutes ago, Abriael said:

They're probably busy working away at the aircraft trying to deliver the best thing they can on Tuesday. 

They are so busy to release on Tuesday that they can't afford to postpone the release. 

I mean look at the slated version history where they already have emergency bugs listed. If they are that urgent to be fixed, then why not halt the release altogether?

The following will only be included on the 24th...

Emergency bug fixes + additional small features

Bug Fixes

#701 – Spoiler hotkey/axis bypasses aircraft logic and doesn’t drive spoiler lever

#703 – Analog compass misses heading numbers

#622 – Surfaces only heated by auto logic if in ice condition

#722 – CCD large knob inverted rotation

Improvements

#685 – Realistic Avionics Fan Sequence during bootup

#604 – Cruise altitude in PERF INIT page 2/3 should be blank by default

New Features

#700 – Alert horn sound when aircraft is on battery power for more than 5min

#702 – Alert horn sound when RAMP button is pressed

#395 – Sterile switch incl. cabin light and sound

#632 – Throttle calibration via EFB

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

They are so busy to release on Tuesday that they can't afford to postpone the release. 

And why should they? 

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Abriael said:

Yes, and that's not a response that is hard to understand when you're being viciously attacked.

Come on, maybe don't get too hung up on one video. There is no smear campaign.

It's unfortunate but they've really brought this on themselves entirely. It was marketed in a way that suggested it would be a complete aircraft on day one just weeks away with loads of people excited for possibly the first really well made E-Jet.

A week before release however they drop the bombshell that is the aircraft being in a raw alpha state with loads of basic systems still missing or substituted by default MSFS systems, with the aircraft a full year or more away from what everyone thought it would be on Tuesday.

There was just no way this would ever be received well by the community and frankly, they could (should) have seen that coming from a mile away. Sure, some corners of the internet are going full on ballistic as usual, but, as unfortunate as it is, that's just something you have to factor in these days since there's no way to prevent that.

Constantly pointing out that it's in early access and you don't have to buy it is missing the point and some of the remarks they made in the stream are a bit of a head scratcher too. I'm afraid their marketing strategy and communication are way off to the point there may be some legal implications that would need to be rectified.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Nixoq said:

Come on, maybe don't get too hung up on one video. There is no smear campaign.

It's unfortunate but they've really brought this on themselves entirely. It was marketed in a way that suggested it would be a complete aircraft on day one just weeks away with loads of people excited for possibly the first really well made E-Jet.

A week before release however they drop the bombshell that is the aircraft being in a raw alpha state with loads of basic systems still missing or substituted by default MSFS systems, with the aircraft a full year or more away from what everyone thought it would be on Tuesday.

There was just no way this would ever be received well by the community and frankly, they could (should) have seen that coming from a mile away. Sure, some corners of the internet are going full on ballistic as usual, but, as unfortunate as it is, that's just something you have to factor in these days since there's no way to prevent that.

Constantly pointing out that it's in early access and you don't have to buy it is missing the point and some of the remarks they made in the stream are a bit of a head scratcher too. I'm afraid their marketing strategy and communication are way off to the point there may be some legal implications that would need to be rectified.

That most developers aren't usually good at communication shouldn't surprise anyone by now, even more so when language barriers are in place. Even much more seasoned developers (much, much more seasoned) often make comments that calling headscratchers is generous. But no. I'm not getting too hung up on one video (it's actually two), as the attacks and vitriol go much beyond that. The videos are simply a clear example of the inability of parts of this community to bring forth valid criticism without crankng the hyperbole up to 11 and going straight into drama queen territory. And if you need any evidence that the videos are a sign of a wider problem, you only need to look at the fact that parts of the community are seeing that kind of aggressive and borderline abusive behavior as something great that should be done more. Thanks but no thanks. That's a massive personal pet peeve for me, so when I see it, you can expect me to push back. 

It's worth mentioning that it wasn't FSS that gave the impression that the aircraft was complete with the initial trailers. It was Aviationlads. The developers didn't say a single word. So much that I was looking for info and was surprised that I couldn't find a thing besides what Aviationlads was saying, which felt really strange. And it certainly was a bad idea to let Aviationlads run the communication game for a month while the developers themselves were mum. I can only guess what may have led to that idea, and I think it's inexperience on both sides (FSS and Aviationlads). FSS likely thought "hey, look at all these big devs. They keep things secret and reveal them only bit by bit. We can do that too!" while Aviationlands likely thought they could do some teasing with the info they had while they should have waited and let the developer speak first when they were ready.

But again, that's only a guess. 

So no, I don't agree that toxic behavior towards developers should ever be excused or considered inevitable because "they've brought it on themselves." That's exactly one of the widespread problems of this community and in many gaming communities. That they've made mistakes likely out of inexperience is obvious, but two wrongs don't make a right. We should be better than this. 

Obviously, it's very possible to express concerns and bring up issues and criticism without dramamongering by calling people silly stuff like liars and betrayers. FSElite did it. Twotonemurphy did it. Fabio did it. Others did it. That's the attitude that should be encouraged in this community. Not the vitriol. 

Edited by Abriael

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Seriously Mods?

An individual posts 43 times now on one specific thread in just over 24 hours (by the way, that's nearly 1/5 or 20% of his total posting history on Avsim) in defence of a poorly previewed product. No-one thinks that's odd or worth querying?

Says the one that is disliking companies bringing previews. Its normal for them to do that and it will keep happening. People like hearing constant updates and being vocal. If we heard nothing people will start asking questions being silent is not always a good thing. Imagine them showing a product entering beta and people will be saying this and that is wrong, it looks like its in alpha. Personally rather be shown previews and updates constantly.

Edited by carlanthony24

7 hours ago, Abriael said:

Here's one in English.

6 hours ago, Amon1973 said:

TwoToneMurphy will 100% say if something is word not allowed, and in his stream last night, he told it how it is, and I think he's giving the Dev and chance, incidentally the aircraft flew perfectly fine, considering it's early access and all that. 

After watching this I will be purchasing, to support a new dev team and  product. the 737NGDriver vid is a hatchet job. I wonder how much PMDG paid him for it... 

Edited by Ryanmlt1

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

12 minutes ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

I wonder how much PMDG paid him for it... 

Let's not go overboard in the other direction, please. There's absolutely no way that PMDG paid or even encouraged anyone to hinder this project. I can guarantee with absolute surety that they don't have anything to fear from it. 🤔

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Abriael said:

Let's not go overboard in the other direction, please. There's absolutely no way that PMDG paid or even encouraged anyone to hinder this project. I can guarantee with absolute surety that they don't have anything to fear from it. 🤔

Isn't he on their payroll?  

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

27 minutes ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

Isn't he on their payroll?  

Nah. He just does (unpaid, I believe) technical consulting for them, just like a number of pilots do for this aircraft. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

737NGDriver vid is a hatchet job

and  what was incorrect  in his  utube

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Seriously Mods?

An individual posts 43 times now on one specific thread in just over 24 hours (by the way, that's nearly 1/5 or 20% of his total posting history on Avsim) in defence of a poorly previewed product. No-one thinks that's odd or worth querying?

Seems like a PR person / spin doctor based on what and how often he's posting.  Anyway, on to my mute list he goes, no time for such nonsense.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I don't normally mind supporting new developers in some fashion and I don't necessarily mind early access but enough bad media on this product I will likely be sitting on the fence a bit or at least first real world reviews.  It would help my decision greatly if the developer would announce that they plan to make other E-Jets like the 170, 190 and 195.  Maybe even the E2's in the future!

In the old days in previous sims this was easily expected and usually delivered but with the complexity of MSFS its likely not as easy.  We will likely see some amazing one off models though!

14 hours ago, micstatic said:

Am I the only one who thought the High quality pics we saw prior in the Virtual Cockpit looked much lower quality in the actual video stream?

Chalk it up to the time of day lighting/ambient occlusion maybe?

What turned me on was this pic of the interior.

flightsim-studio-ejets-e175-7.jpg?auto=c

Then seeing these shots, I'm like ehh it looks just as bland and bad as the Virtualcol version.🤢

So I'm hoping these are really just bad shots, as grey interiors can be kinda deceptive depending on light/shadows and AO.

I don't bother clicking most MSFS content anymore because folks make the MSFS visuals look terrible, when they are infact beautiful with the proper settings and hardware.

The video on page 16 and the one above on this page make MSFS visuals look washed out bland and horrible.🤮

finals1-1.png?auto=compress,format&q=85

efb-1.png?auto=compress,format&q=85

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

After watching this I will be purchasing, to support a new dev team and  product. the 737NGDriver vid is a hatchet job. I wonder how much PMDG paid him for it... 

I don't know about it being a hatchet job and I just cannot see him being paid by PMDG at all, but TFDI didn't get this amount of hatred and they are asking for a lot more money for no product at all, yet over a 1000 people were perfectly happy with that.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.