Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
737_800

FSS Embrear 175

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Abriael said:

It's funny because he certainly seems to be very keen on bringing up "the law" when it arguably fits his narrative, but he definitely doesn't seem to have looked up the chapter about defamation. 🤔

That's what I thought on about the law in a previous video but now its different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abriael said:

At this point, he's almost tempting me to buy this just to support a developer who is obviously receiving unwarranted abuse, but must remain strong. 

lol you've written 500 posts in this thread you're obviously going to buy it 

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abriael said:

At this point, he's almost tempting me to buy this just to support a developer who is obviously receiving unwarranted abuse, but must remain strong. 

What  your  saying  you  havn't  bought it  and  your the  one  who  is  always  defending  on how  good  it  is

  • Like 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

 

Peter kelberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

What  your  saying  you  havn't  bought it  and  your the  one  who  is  always  defending  on how  good  it  is

I literally just spoke to a E175 F/O and he wasn't flying the aircraft correctly in the video. Its good he is warning the community but their is only so much you should do it.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

What  your  saying  you  havn't  bought it  and  your the  one  who  is  always  defending  on how  good  it  is

 

25 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

lol you've written 500 posts in this thread you're obviously going to buy it 

I haven't once said this was good enough for me. As a matter of fact, I've said multiple times that I'm not buying this until it gets more features including proper LNAV, Navigraph support, and W&B on the EFB. These are basically my threshold to be able to enjoy an airliner like this between simulation complexity and simply quality of life. Also, implementing these will prove to me that the developer has the competency and the committment to get the aircraft where it needs to be.

It certainly is better than what some make it up to be from what I see from various streams, but it's not good enough yet for me. Hence, despite the temptation of spending 40 bucks to support the developer that's being targeted by what's effectively a silly witch hunt, at this point, I'm sticking to my prior purchasing assessment and I'll wait. 

I thought it was pretty clear, but what bothers me is certainly not people saying that it's bad. Bad and good are subjective. What bothers me deeply (and the reason why I'm posting in this thread, besides the fact that I hope this to be developed to the point that it's good) is the abuse and toxicity being sent toward the developers. Not only it's not warranted, but it's unbecoming of a community that's supposedly more mature among the gaming communities, but when I see overreactions and melodrama like this, I wonder. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 3

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I literally just spoke to a E175 F/O and he wasn't flying the aircraft correctly in the video. Its good he is warning the community but their is only so much you should do it.

I agree.  Emi appears now to be just personally attacking the devs.  Did Emi prepare a similar catalogue of videos ripping into Captain Sim or any other developer that in "his" opinion were providing subpar aircraft to our community.  I can think of at least a dozen developers who have knowingly produced some "questionable" software without this level of attack.

For me, and it's only my opinion, Emi is quickly going from stable, likeable contributor to just a pest looking for a fight.

Jase

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no qualms with the FSS E175 so far-despite all the missing functionality like VNAV as part of Early Access.

Finding the E175 very easy to taxi around Inibuilds KSAT with just my TCA Sidestick.


Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

I agree.  Emi appears now to be just personally attacking the devs.  Did Emi prepare a similar catalogue of videos ripping into Captain Sim or any other developer that in "his" opinion were providing subpar aircraft to our community.  I can think of at least a dozen developers who have knowingly produced some "questionable" software without this level of attack.

For me, and it's only my opinion, Emi is quickly going from stable, likeable contributor to just a pest looking for a fight.

Jase

I'm hearing he said Fenix was early access and so was Ini A310 don't know how he defines early access but they weren't again it could be a matter of time before FSS decide to go defamation

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JaseMelbo said:

For me, and it's only my opinion, Emi is quickly going from stable, likeable contributor to just a pest looking for a fight.

Unfortunately, negativity and melodrama sell well on YouTube. 

I'm SO thankful that there are good people on the platform like 320 Sim Pilot, who is always constructive and respectful, even when expressing criticism. Him and 737ng are like day and night. That's what the gold standard of a mature community should be. 

12 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I'm hearing he said Fenix was early access and so was Ini A310 don't know how he defines early access but they weren't again it could be a matter of time before FSS decide to go defamation

He definitely has no idea of what "early access" means. He called "early access" the Fenix (which is not an early access at all, but just a fully released product that gets improved further after release like... 90% of fully released products nowadays), he called PMDG early access after Randazzo himself clearly stated that his use of "early access" was a completely different concept from the common use of the concept and had nothing to do with it, and TFDi, which is a pre-purchase and not an early access.

Funnily, he missed what's basically the most prominent early access for MSFS, which is the Airbus H145, which incidentally was similarly priced and wasn't too great when it launched, and yet Hype Performance Group went on to evolve it into a really good product.

Overall, he may be a competent pilot, but he seems to have a very vague and distorted idea of this industry. 

Edited by Abriael
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

I'm hearing he said Fenix was early access and so was Ini A310 don't know how he defines early access but they weren't

Not sure.

Just want the bloke to give FSS some space and let them do their work without the Emi sideshow.

They deserve a chance to sell an early access version and work towards what we all hope will be a great E-Series Jet.

Fingers crossed for them and I'll support them with an early access purchase.  No issue.

Jase

  • Like 3

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Abriael said:

Unfortunately, negativity and melodrama sell well on YouTube. 

I'm SO thankful that there are good people on the platform like 320 Sim Pilot, who is always constructive and respectful, even when expressing criticism. Him and 737ng are like day and night. That's what the gold standard of a mature community should be. 

And Into The Blue - that bloke is full steam.  Does great work.

Jase

  • Like 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe Aerosoft are ok with selling this "early access product" on their website. But then again......


Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pommy80 said:

I can't believe Aerosoft are ok with selling this "early access product" on their website. But then again......

I can. They have worked with this specific developer as their publisher for one aircraft and three airports, and they're working with them on a second aircraft (the Tecnam). I dare say they have a better grasp than anyone here of what they're able to deliver as a developer. 

  • Like 1

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Abriael said:

I thought it was pretty clear, but what bothers me is certainly not people saying that it's bad. Bad and good are subjective. What bothers me deeply (and the reason why I'm posting in this thread, besides the fact that I hope this to be developed to the point that it's good) is the abuse and toxicity being sent toward the developers. Not only it's not warranted, but it's unbecoming of a community that's supposedly more mature among the gaming communities, but when I see overreactions and melodrama like this, I wonder. 

This is an amazing comment, and as someone who works in game development it really isn't said enough.  Over the past few years there's been this shift in behavior online where people find exposure and attention for negativity and whoever can do it first, regardless of whether they're correct or not in what they're saying, finds the views/clicks they were after in the first place.  From the developer side it often leads to shutting down communication with the community because it becomes a no-win situation, which then becomes an avenue for more negativity, and it goes on and on and on.

Personally, I purchased the EJet as soon as I learned it was available this morning because it's an aircraft I'm interested in learning.  I am fairly new to the more complex airliners, and the Early Access plan of having some features disabled appealed to me because it would actually give me fewer things that could overwhelm me while I learn the basic things they have first, then I can learn things as they're added.  Also, I am all too aware of the challenges with developing something like this, so I was more than happy to throw in my support early in hopes the enthusiasm going from the developers.  

That said, I also fully understand and appreciate Abriael's view that the aircraft is not in a state where it warrants a purchase.  There is no reason Abriael's posts should be thrown out or discredited because he hasn't purchased the plane, he's just commented on a video that seems like a real push for attention instead of credibility.  I said previously that a video about something in Early Access should be about what is available, not a commentary on what isn't available.  If you bought a house, you wouldn't walk into it before it's finished and start yelling about how there's no roof would you?  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sure I will follow how they develop this product and make my decision later. Now I am just wondering WHAT was the reason for them to release it now. Why there was such a hurry?


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...