Sign in to follow this  

RealAir Scout or BeaverX?

I am trying to decide between getting the BeaverX or the RealAir Scout Package. Does anyone have both? If you do, which do you like better? Why? I have read the Avsim review of the Beaver. All thoughts are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Although both are for GA fans, they are very different birds. They are truly amazing, and if you cannot get them both, you first need to know what kind of plane you want.Both packages comes with lots of variations and paintings, very nice. The Beaver is a very sturdy plane, capable of lifting an incredible amount of cargo. It is slow and not up-to-date, technologically speaking. Those that love bush flying cannot leave without it. And, when you listen to that engine firing up, it brings tears to your eyes! ;)The scout, on the other hand, is a light plane, for one or to people (in line), and has a brand new panel, with all the gadgets that we learned to love. It is incredibly well done, as everything that comes from RealAir. If you like a beautiful panel with very, very smooth gauges, then you'll love this plane. And the flight model is superb. It is a real joy to fly, and pleases most those who like sightseeing and aerobatics.I suggest you do some resource about the real planes: it is a matter of which one you like best, because both were done just like their real counterpart by Aerosoft and Realair. An awesome job that put those two between the best planes ever made for FS.I hope it was helpful. Do yourself a favor, though: save a few bucks and get them both!Cheers,S

Guest JoeW

I too have both. Run ....... don't walk ....... get both. See above. Both are very good planes. The Beaver starting? ..... amazing.Joe W.

I will definitely get both. Now the question is, which do I get first???:-hmmm

Guest guz99

Get the Scout. The original beaver in fsx is as good as the aerosoft one. pros -no fps-hit, no extra cost, no gps. cons- sound and no wheel version.

>Get the Scout. The original beaver in fsx is as good as the>aerosoft one. pros -no fps-hit, no extra cost, no gps. cons->sound and no wheel version.I'm surprised people buy the Aerosoft one. Doesn't look any better than the default one from the screens I have seen. Thats a lot of money to spend on something thats only marginally better than what you get for free.

Guest 1929clhenry

I have the Aerosoft Beaver X. Planes are great EXCEPT the panels are very dim and guages and switches are very hard to see.

Probably true if you are satisfied with a float. Bush flyer's need amphibians and planes equipped with Tundra tires. Can't make much money throwing stuff out of the plane when flying over lake cabins or getting bogged down in grass. LOL.Bob...

If you want the FS9 Aerosoft Beaver in FSX, just point the installer at FSX. Works great for me ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thanks for all the input. I ended up getting the RealAir Scout Package. It is probably the best addon I have ever bought. I only had time to fly the scout yesterday, but it was amazing. Especially the VC, it

Yep. I just installed the FSX version of the Scout yesterday (the FS9 Scout package has been one of my all-time favorites), and these guys are simply amazing. They took an already great package, and made it even better.Incredible, and highly recommended, as is the FSX version of their 260. Another amazing FSX package.These are not simply 'ported' FS9 packages, they are completely new and reworked.

>Probably true if you are satisfied with a float. Bush flyer's>need amphibians and planes equipped with Tundra tires. Can't>make much money throwing stuff out of the plane when flying>over lake cabins or getting bogged down in grass. LOL.Good point. lol