Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Light piston twins for FSX

Hi all,I was wondering if there was a light piston twin for FSX with the quality of say the Carenado Cessna singles or Digital Aviation's DO-27. If so could you please provide suggestions.I already have the Dreamfleet Baron and the C310, but am of the opinion they are really not up to par with say the DA DO-27 or the SF260 from RealAir which to me are the state of the art at the moment.With thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

RealAir is supposedly making a Beechcraft Duke, but it's been a while since I have heard anything about it.Flight1 has a new Cessna Conquest II for FSX, but I don't know much about their product. The Conquest II is a twin turboprop hotrod.I wish there was a Piper Cheyenne 400LS though. ;)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Thanks Ron,Looking forward to it. I am always looking out for piston engine twins!I liked the Dreemfleets Baron twins..but not sure of they can upgrade to the FSX because of their reality XP guages.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Chris, I have not yet taken the FSX plunge, because I'm afraid I have to buy a new computer first. One great Piston light twin I have for FS9 is the Flight One Piper 421 Golden Eagle, but I don't know if flight one has upgraded it for FSX yet. If you are not totally married to the idea of a piston twin, the Aeroworks Super King Air is a fantastic detailed realistic airplane, and I understand it is now available for FSX. It does close to 300kts, is pressurized and has considerable range. Have flown it around the world 3 times now. Of the 60 Sim aircraft I have it is probably my favorite.I agree with you on the SF 260. I'm not familiar with the DO27 and I too was disappointed in the dreamfleet Baron.So what do you think? Should I bite the bullet, take the plunge and get a new machine and go FSX?Richard StacyDenver ColoradoPS I Have never been to Perth,(except on the sim) but have been to the East coast, Hobart, Melbourne and Sydney. We are coming back one of these days!

>Hi all,>>I was wondering if there was a light piston twin for FSX with>the quality of say the Carenado Cessna singles or Digital>Aviation's DO-27. If so could you please provide>suggestions.>>I already have the Dreamfleet Baron and the C310, but am of>the opinion they are really not up to par with say the DA>DO-27 or the SF260 from RealAir which to me are the state of>the art at the moment.>>With thanks,>>Chris Porter>:-outta>>Perth>Western Australia>>Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at>http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.htmlFSD International has a Piper Navajo.http://www.fsd-international.com/Products.htm

>Not quite ready for prime time but we are making good>progress:-)>>http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/Piper_TC.htmLooking really nice Ron, thanks for the heads up.I have your C400 and the SR22 G2 and enjoy them both.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

>Chris, I have not yet taken the FSX plunge, because I'm>afraid I have to buy a new computer first. One great Piston>light twin I have for FS9 is the Flight One Piper 421 Golden>Eagle, but I don't know if flight one has upgraded it for FSX>yet. If you are not totally married to the idea of a piston>twin, the Aeroworks Super King Air is a fantastic detailed>realistic airplane, and I understand it is now available for>FSX. It does close to 300kts, is pressurized and has>considerable range. Have flown it around the world 3 times>now. Of the 60 Sim aircraft I have it is probably my>favorite.>>I agree with you on the SF 260. I'm not familiar with the>DO27 and I too was disappointed in the dreamfleet Baron.>>So what do you think? Should I bite the bullet, take the>plunge and get a new machine and go FSX?>>Richard Stacy>Denver Colorado>>PS I Have never been to Perth,(except on the sim) but have>been to the East coast, Hobart, Melbourne and Sydney. We are>coming back one of these days!Hi Richard,Re: FSX, I definately recommend that you get it. The sim is pretty adjustable and I was reasonably comfortably using it with a 3.5 yr old PIV with 2Gb ram and a 6600GX (I think) video card. I now have a new machine - see specs below.If you have the funds to go with a new machine or do a mid life upgrade, then you will not look back. The FSX textures are just brilliant and luckily for me I have not had too much in the way of tweak time to get it running really smoothly.I also have the B200 from Aeroworx and it is a favourite of mine. I am however looking for a good piston twin to use with my new CH Throttle Quadrant.Anytime you are in Perth, feel free to contact me in advance and we can catch up. Only too willing to show you around if you're here.Cheers and thanks for the post,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Thanks all for your suggestions, they are very much appreciated.From the responses, it appears that there are not too many offerings that are new or strictly developed for FSX. This may be a misconception as it could be they are so much enhanced over their FS2004 ancestry, they are in fact new offerings entirely.I wonder what additional features are possible with FSX especially in respect of systems modelling? I know that the DO-27 was originally produced for FS2004, but I really enjoy the requirement for it to be managed much more realistically esle risk the failures etc.IMHO, this is the way to go. I guess it would also have to have a "simple" mode for those who do not wish to bother with the minutae of aircraft management.Edit: Does anyone have any idea when the MU2 will be available from FSD. BTW I do realise it is a TP and not a piston A/C.Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

HelloMU2 ?I have grown old waiting for the jetstar, hate to think how long the MU2 will be :-)

Milvz Baron55 and Cessna 310 are great piston twins for fsx.It is Worth every penny.:-)