Sign in to follow this  
Guest t-force1

Goose sound issue

When idling in the goose it sounds as though the right engine is at high rpms. All gauges show idling and my throttle on the yoke is controlling both engines properly. To get the idle down I feather the props and run the engines up to full for a few seconds and i hear the sound drop to normal. Everything is OK until I pop out to an outside view then it's back. When it's acting up, and If I go outside, I have the idle sound for both engines, back in the cockpit, its rev city on the right side again. Has any one else ever encountered this and if so how did you correct it?I don't have this problem with any other aircraft.Thanks

Guest t-force1

I've been flying the goose a lot lately and I haven't noticed any sound issues.The exterior lighting problems and the tail wheel lock in the VC being reversed bugs me though.Hope you can get it straightened out.

I have had the same thing, I did think that it was due to some problem I generated for myself when I was adding freeware files and so just accepted it. Although i have just started afresh by deleting and re-installing vanilla FSX to reach the heady heights of Acceleration.Anyway with a clean install (following guidance given previously here - thanks david roch!) and prior to going onto the next step of SP1 I tried the goose again and got the same problem as before? Any clues anyone - sound drivers? as the OM said I dont seem to have the problem on any other aircraft.Thanks.Gary

I often have sound problems like this with just about every aircraft in the sim. The factor they all seem to have in common is that after switching to outside view and back again, the sound is different to what it was before. I haven't always been able to say whether it sounded more "correct" before or after.Colin

Maybe you guys should compare what sound cards you all have? Maybe drivers as well. I fly the Goose a lot and switch btwn views a lot. Haven't had that problem with the Goose or any other aircraft in FSX. My sound card is in my sig.Good Luck,KailFlightSimmer since 1987C2D E6850 3.0GHz 1333FSBXFX Nforce 680i LT SLI2x XFX 8800GT 512MB SLI'd4GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 800MHzCreative SB Audigy2 ZSUltra Xfinity 600W SLI PSUSeagate 320GB 7200RPM 16MB SATA-3GB/S HDWindows XP SP2 / FSX SP2 / FS9 SP1

Thanks for listening,

Kail

I have a set of surround 5.1 speakers and I get a lot of sound problems when switching views. However, if I set the speakers to plain vanilla stereo, the problems go away. I too have the Creative SB soundcard. I think it is the surround sound mode that acts up.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest AreCee

I had the same problem with the Goose, also the Mooney sounded horrible. Fix for me was to remove my Audigy2-ZS and use my motherboard's Realtek onboard sound port. Surprise to me was the onboard sound was MUCH better quality than the Audigy2, this applied to all applications, not just FSX... better sounding music, DVD videos (on a long FSX trip, I gotta have my inflight movie).Hey, anyone what a Creative Labs Audigy2-ZS... CHEAP!!! :-)