Sign in to follow this  
Ernest

notepad oops

Hi.I'm pretty sure that this is not the most likely place to post this question, but I've got to start somewhere.While going thru my missions folders, I clicked on what I thought was a config file and used notepad to open like normal. What I did in fact was click on a wx file and without taking a second look told notepad to always open this type of file.As far as I can tell, I've had no problems with flying any missions or free flights because of my blunder.My questions is, is there a way to restore the wx file to it's orignal icon appearance and stop notepad from opening it.I'm concerned about using the fsx repair function cause I don't want to lose any of my addon's/upgrades.Any help/points in the right direction that can be provided would be of great help.Using windows xp help was no help.Thanks in advance for any help.Ernest(to quick to click)

Hi,As far as I know checking notepad permanently associates that file type with that particular application. This would be a function of XP and not FS. If you can do a system restore to a time before you made this blunder then it might be reset.Personally, I would just leave it alone as it won't hurt anything.Hope this helps.Ed

Such drastic measures are not necessary. Go to a folder, then to Tools > Folder Options... Click on the File Types tab. Scroll down to the WX extension. Highlight, press delete, then OK. Done.It's safe to delete since this file normally has no entry in that list. At least, not in FS9...

Mike...

Start->Help and Support->Windows Basics->Core Windows Tasks->Working with Files and Folders. Follow the instructions. Don't mess up again!:-lol

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.