Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

Longitude and AU11

Got a new problem since installing the AU11 Beta. For some reason my Longitude is not following the flight plan after turning on NAV mode. I've got it set to FMS but still won't follow it. Any idea's or help? Thanks

John Snyder Jr

3 minutes ago, John Snyder Jr said:

Got a new problem since installing the AU11 Beta. For some reason my Longitude is not following the flight plan after turning on NAV mode. I've got it set to FMS but still won't follow it. Any idea's or help? Thanks

Is this a flight plan that you've programmed yourself into the FMS or one that you've attempted to import from the MSFS flight planner? Currently, the new avionics of the Longitude cannot import flight plans from the MSFS flight planner. I'm hoping that this import feature will be added soon.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Just now, John Snyder Jr said:

I manually inputed the flight plan

You've motivated me to take a flight right now in the Longitude. I'm still getting used to the vastly different systems with the AU11 beta. I'll come back if I have any ideas.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I've had about 20 flights in the new version with no problem. One thing to note, you need to be close to the course line to capture it. For example, if your initial heading is 90 degrees off the course line, it will not turn to capture it. Set heading to intercept and you should be ok.

• Like 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Can you show a screenshot?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok, I posted on WT Discord and here's the reply I got that fixed it. Are you on an intercept to the FMS course and within two dots on the CDI?
FMS may be only armed (if you see it in white instead of green). Just like on the real one, it doesn't go from armed to active unless you're in capture range. I was unaware of this, hope it helps someone else who may experience the problem. As soon as I got on intercept course it armed and everything is fine now. Thanks guys! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

John Snyder Jr

Thanks to everyone! I was attempting to re-create John's experience and found that I too couldn't get the Longitude to follow the flight plan. I now see that my failure was because my initial heading out of the airport was almost 180 degrees off the direction of my first waypoint. This didn't use to make any difference, but the new avionics are making us get our acts together. 🙂

• Like 1

On a related topic: Can someone tell me how to SAVE a flight plan that you've typed into the Longitude FMS? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

5 hours ago, David Mills said:

Is this a flight plan that you've programmed yourself into the FMS or one that you've attempted to import from the MSFS flight planner? Currently, the new avionics of the Longitude cannot import flight plans from the MSFS flight planner. I'm hoping that this import feature will be added soon.

Wow, can't import a default flight plan, nor can it import Navigraph charts.  Not good even if the systems are upgraded.😐

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

52 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Wow, can't import a default flight plan, nor can it import Navigraph charts.  Not good even if the systems are upgraded.😐

Navigraph charts is a licensing issue.  It's likely when it comes out of early access someone will make as an addon.  As for importing stock plans...meh!  Type it yourself!  You'll learn more about routes and route structure anyway.

Actually they may have implemented a keyboard function like on their G1000nxi and GNS where you can click a little icon, type using your keyboard, and untick it again.  I haven't flown the sim in a while can't remember.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Wow, can't import a default flight plan

It can, it's just a bit bugged but that will be fixed in the next update.

Navigraph and SimBrief are licensing and third party API support issues and cannot presently be included.

• Like 5

flight planner thing is a bug and will be fixed. Already fixed for the CJ4. 

Simbrief import may come - the A310 has it, after all. Charts won’t unless navigraph creates a plug-in, which they have said they are working on. 

AAU is still in beta, give it some time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MattNischan said:

It can, it's just a bit bugged but that will be fixed in the next update.

Navigraph and SimBrief are licensing and third party API support issues and cannot presently be included.

How is it the current G3000 can import Navigraph charts without issue but the new one by the same developer (Working Title) can't?  How and why did the licensing situation change?

We should have the option for the old setup if we want it, give us the choice until these issues are worked out (have two versions of the Longitude in the sim).  This might sound harsh but considering what's all in the new Garmin but not having the ability to import a default flight plan and import charts is huge for some of us.  This forced 'Upgrade with Lesser options' is not good (I know this goes against the purist in this situation but it's still a sim at the end of the day that should work with not only default features but established third party options like Navigraph).:ph34r:

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Navigraph charts is a licensing issue.  It's likely when it comes out of early access someone will make as an addon.  As for importing stock plans...meh!  Type it yourself!  You'll learn more about routes and route structure anyway.

Actually they may have implemented a keyboard function like on their G1000nxi and GNS where you can click a little icon, type using your keyboard, and untick it again.  I haven't flown the sim in a while can't remember.

As a pilot I already know how to program a flight plan in a Garmin.  That being said I was enjoying the ability when time was short to setup a flight plan from cold KFCM to TUPJ and use the 'Fly To' feature once at top of climb to instantly arrive at top of decent.  It looks like with the new Longitude avionics one has to fly that whole route in real time (not fun especially with these various CTD issues since SU11).  The long legs of the Longitude is a done deal for many of us thanks to this. Short range jets are now back front and center (KFCM to KPWK, for example).  You can't really get out of the cold on a flight like that...😌😶

Edited by Dillon
  • Upvote 1

FS2020